Characters being stuck logged in.

This game is coming along very nice. I am finding it very enjoyable even without all the features available at the moment.

I would however, like to have the log in process changed a bit.

Today I logged in and the client crashed, (which is not all that unusual for me. it happens about 2-3 times a day) When trying to log back in I received a message letting me know I was already logged in. I tired again, then 5 minutes later, and again after about 15 minutes. This is very not cool. I would suggest that when trying to log in on an account that is already logged in, the new log in attempt would disconnect the previous character. I think WoW was like that, not 100% sure because it has been a very long time.

Re:Characters being stuck logged in.

The longest I have ever been unable to log in because I was already logged in is about 2 minutes. During the time I am unable to log in my character is persistent in the world. I think this is good because it would prevent people “pulling the plug” during PvP.

The last game I played had an issue where disconnecting would leave your character in the world but just as you suggest logging back in instantly would despawn your character. This turned in to a common exploit to get around the despawn timer.

I guess it would be nice if you could log back in but skip the selection screen so your character never despawns.

Xsyon Citizen

I understand your complaint is about logging in but, you might want to reload game if you are getting 2 or 3 crashes a day, something is very wrong. Also, check to see if your computer meets the minimum specs of the game. I honestly cannot remember the last time I had a client-side crash (2 or 3 months ago , maybe).

Another thought is (if everything else is good) do a speed/ping test from your location to Chicago. The servers are located there. Here is the link:

Speedtest.net

If you score less than a "B" that could be part of your problem. I had a "B" until I replaced my old router with a D-Link DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router. It improved every aspect of my internet connection from download/upload speeds to lowering my ping by 3ms and now I score an "A" on Speedtest.

I am not saying get the same exact one I did but, this one does seem to work well for me.

See you in game :woohoo:

Hello Tybalt,

Please contact me via our support pages. The most a character should be 'already logged in' is about 2 minutes.