Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Xsyon Citizen
    In first person field of view is set and can't be changed and is bad, I use third person because of that.

I don't understand this question either. If you are playing in first person view like a lot of first person shooter games then yes the field of view is limited. However in third person which is what most people use for MMOs Xsyon looks like any other I play.

Quote Originally Posted by znaiika View Post
    In first person field of view is set and can't be changed and is bad, I use third person because of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowhawk View Post
    I don't understand this question either. If you are playing in first person view like a lot of first person shooter games then yes the field of view is limited. However in third person which is what most people use for MMOs Xsyon looks like any other I play.
    The FOV is the same for both. The only way to change the FOV in Xsyon is using a wider resolution. Which is why I asked it.

I think its fine also Willow, and playing in first person is likely going to be used for ranged combat.

Xsyon Citizen
    I think that for first person view FOV is about 20 which should be 50 by default.

The in game resolution has nothing to do with the FOV. I personally would like the FOV angle to be between 50 - 75.

Quote Originally Posted by Venciera View Post
    The in game resolution has nothing to do with the FOV. I personally would like the FOV angle to be between 50 - 75.
    What are you talking about? There is no way its 50 degrees, I can prove it also if you would like. I can also prove that resolution does change with different wider resolutions.

Playing at 2048x1080 without a doubt gives me a larget FOV than playing at 2048x1536.

Xsyon does not have Anamorphic scaling. Which is where it keeps the same FOV no matter what resolution. It uses Hor+, which is very common in games sadly in these types of games you will likely want Anamorphic as people like me who have 3 monitors can see a much larger FOV than other players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_o...in_video_games

I can take the screenshots in Xsyon, but this should show it pretty clear.

I also notice you didn't answer my question about what resolution you played at.

Here are a 2 screenshots from a project I was working on in Unity which demonstrates different FOVs. Neither of these have anything to do with the in-game resolution or the aspect ratio.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fov30.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fov60.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	284  

I wanted to say I had it backwards in what I said,

Playing at 2048x1080 without a doubt gives me a larget FOV than playing at 2048x1536.
    I meant playing at 2048x1536 gives a larger FOV than 2048x1080.

I can still post the screenshots if you want.

The problem I think with the FOV is that most people want wider FOV and not taller, and Xsyon does it more in a square than it does widescreen.

Xsyon Citizen
    Screen resolution is different from FOV, higher resolution makes everything smaller to fit more things on your screen, FOV for first person view it's usually 50 then when you equip any scope it give you an option to change FOV to zoom-in, like 30, 20, 15, 15 is the highest zoom-in for any sniper, if you played css they have automatic rifle which changes FOV without equipping scope, it feels like that in Xsyon's first person.

Do you know what polygons are?
    That what resolution does, it multiplies polygons to make things more detailed and more pixels per screen.
    Last edited by znaiika; 02-04-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyrant View Post
    No one here has the slightest idea what field of view is, that's just sad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angle_of_view

The human eye has about 180 degrees field of view. This game looks like 60 or 80 which makes a lot of people motion sick and is not at all natural.

this needs to be fixed.
    Average human field of view is less than 180deg. But it varies from person to person. But that is allowing for eye movement, without movement your field of view is around 95deg.