Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:A few questions on SOTW and planned features

Kinslayer wrote:
    On naming: will we be able to have first and family names, or will we simply have to name ourselves with the one name? I guess there is the option of just naming your character with a space in its name, but it would be nice to have a 2 name system.
    I'm astonished that this could be something interesting, because for my personal view I just like the one-name-system. That's more unique as if there were douzens of players around having the same last name. You can still decide to have this via the space as you've written, but as it is implemented yet you are free to choose. Cheers.

Snake wrote:
    Kinslayer wrote:
    On naming: will we be able to have first and family names, or will we simply have to name ourselves with the one name? I guess there is the option of just naming your character with a space in its name, but it would be nice to have a 2 name system.
    I'm astonished that this could be something interesting, because for my personal view I just like the one-name-system. That's more unique as if there were douzens of players around having the same last name. You can still decide to have this via the space as you've written, but as it is implemented yet you are free to choose. Cheers.
    Its more of a RP/submersion thing, which is my reason for asking.

Kinslayer, Multiple names doesn't assist with Immersion/RP, A long time ago I had thought it would but I've been in games where there were first and last names were unique and you get way too many Luke Skywalkers and Darth Maul/Darth Vader/Darth Sidious (all being legal first names) people think they are cute by using names of TV/Movie characters so your Immersion/RP is ruined by those players anyways, I wish it was different but you just have to RP around them and deal with players who think being a copycat with a name will "make them just as cool as the characters whose name they borrow"

Good point blake, it wasnt a big deal anyway, just worth asking about.

Would be nice to have some additional name tag feature that actually shows guild name or abbreviation..

ie... John Doe(Guild abbreviation here)