Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A few questions on SOTW and planned features

Hey all. Im fairly new here, but just wondering a couple of things.

I was reading the "under development" thread, and saw all the tribal features coming soon, but was wondering if any kind of construction system will be accompanying that, or will it follow soon after? I have also heard mention of temporary dwellings, such as tents or similar, will this be coming before Prelude, or something that is planned for later on?

Will there be any additional lore added to the game or the website? Some more info on the apocalypse in a history of the world kind of thing, or anything along these lines to help set the scene for RP'ers?

Will the tribal totems being implemented allow for tribal alliances, wars, and any other such features? I read somewhere that tribal areas will start out as safe zones, when will this be changed so tribe zones may be contested? Also, will tribe zones be safe for only that tribe, or all people?

Im sure I had some other questions, I will post later when I remember them, but this is a good start for my inquisitive mind

Re:A few questions on SOTW and planned features

Hello Kinslayer,

Construction will come soon after this next update (if we can't squeeze it in with the update).

I'm not planning on any additional lore to the Xyson story for now. There are plans to introduce this over the course of the Prelude in game.

Contesting of tribal zones will be an evolution during the Prelude. For now they will be safe for everyone except for enemy tribes. Tribes will be able to declare allies and enemies but not with this next update.

Great, thank you for the quick reply

So any lore added during Prelude, will it take into account tribes RP, or will tribes have to adapt their RP to suit what is added/revealed? I guess Im wondering if our RP would shape the lore of the world, if you'll have time to look at guilds websites, etc, to see what RP they have done, or will it be done solely to your own thoughts/plans?

How about the Cooking Skill? I didn't see it listed in the under development topic.

How about the Cooking Skill?
    It won't be in the next update, but probably in the update after that. It was almost ready months ago when I got distracted with other things and I need to wrap it up.

In regards to the Construction system, will there be a limit on how many buildings/structures we can build? Like in Mortal Online, they allow 1 structure per account, and that truly is a disappointment. I loved the RV construction system in that buildings could be placed anywhere (on a buildable board), and you could have 50 buildings if you could manage that.

I truly hope for the freedom of being able to own many if we desire.

Also, will there be a mechanic like in RV to rent a building, or sell a building, in game? Perhaps even the entry fee?

There is no building limit per accounts. Tribes will impose their own limits if they choose to do so.

As for renting buildings etc., we'll see how this evolves. In the beginning we won't have this set up.

Awesome, thanks again for the quick reply

Nice

On naming: will we be able to have first and family names, or will we simply have to name ourselves with the one name? I guess there is the option of just naming your character with a space in its name, but it would be nice to have a 2 name system.