Installing Xyson

I just preordered today and installed the launcher. I noticed that it was downloading pretty slow (after an hour I got to just under 300mb) so I decided to check if it will resume at the same spot if its interupted, sadly it restarted :S . So the only way to install xyson is to leave my pc downloading for 15 hours straight?

Please let me know if there is a faster way or a way to resume as leaving my machine on for that long isnt very practical during the week. Thanks

Re:Installing Xyson

Where are you connecting from?

The download should resume if you stop it. Please contact me at support@notorious-games.com if you continue to have problems.

I am connecting from Ireland on a 30mb line. I'll leave it downloading tonight and turn it off when I head out in the morning. I'll send an email if I have trouble resuming tomorrow evening. Thanks for the reply.

I checked again this morning and it resumed ok. I noticed that the total download decreased instead of starting part of the way through which must of been what happened last night.

After rereading the posts you have made here, this is from memory correct (unless it has changed since my last update on the installer).

It doesn't actually resume from where you left off, it resumes from the last file you downloaded. So for example if you got 50% of the Environments datafile, you resume at 0% of the Environments datafile.

Again this may have changed with recent updates without me being informed as this information I have is rather old.

kiwibird wrote:
    After rereading the posts you have made here, this is from memory correct (unless it has changed since my last update on the installer).

It doesn't actually resume from where you left off, it resumes from the last file you downloaded. So for example if you got 50% of the Environments datafile, you resume at 0% of the Environments datafile.

Again this may have changed with recent updates without me being informed as this information I have is rather old.
    If May 19 is a recent update:
    Xsyon Update May 19

The updated launcher allows for the partial download of large files. If you lose your connection while downloading a large file, you should now be able to resume the download.