Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Terraforming granite

I seem to remember something about the restrictions be lifted on terraforming granite when we have tribe areas.

Is a change still planned? Will we be able to make any changes to granite?

How about the premade roads? We can’t change them or even connect played made roads to them.

Re: Terraforming granite

If you dont mind, may I add a question on this subject?

What restrictions will there be for other people that arent a member of your tribe, on your tribe lands, as far as terraforming goes? Meaning, will anyone be able to rock up to our tribal lands and start terraforming under or over our walls, or simply griefing in the way to block things, or just make things look unsightly.

Re:Terraforming granite

Nope,

Other tribes will not be able to terraform your tribe’s area

Re: Terraforming granite

I asked about terrafoming rock and tribal zones a while back, via the FAQ

Xsyon said:
    Yes, I plan to add more options and controls for higher level terraformers. Also, when the tribe zones are in, I'll relax the terraforming restrictions.

It will still be more difficult to terraform rock, but not impossible. I just don't want players tearing down mountains right now.
    I also remember tribes will be able to set permissions for terraforming in their zone of control.

Will these restrictions include dropping dirt to awoyd making ramps over walls

You can't just drop dirt, you have to terraform it in to a pile. Since only tribe members with permissions can terraform in a tribe's zone of control, non-tribe members won't be dig or place dirt in a tribe's area.

I might remove the restrictions on granite and asphalt roads with the coming update, but I'll have to think about it.

I'd like to make these work slightly different that the dirt terraforming (gathering rock instead of dirt for example). I don't think I'll have time to implement the proper changes I want to make this week. We'll see.

Shouldn't it require some type of tool to terraform granite or asphalt? Such as a pickaxe or something of that nature. That could be made a mid level toolcrafting recipe and could possibly slow the mountain destroying effects since you'd need a special tool to change rock.

Shrimps wrote:
    Shouldn't it require some type of tool to terraform granite or asphalt? Such as a pickaxe or something of that nature. That could be made a mid level toolcrafting recipe and could possibly slow the mountain destroying effects since you'd need a special tool to change rock.
    Good idea, also with the decay of tools, you wont be moving a mountain without a great number of pickaxes.

Shouldn't it require some type of tool to terraform granite or asphalt? Such as a pickaxe or something of that nature.
    Yes, it will require a pick. This is why I don't think I'll put it in this coming update, as I want to take some time and set up properly.