Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:What Is Combat Like?

I did notice what appeared to be rubber banding but I think it was just lag.

As I was fighting him I did not notice any rubber banding or land. It could of been due to the fact that he was running fraps maybe.

Virtus wrote:
    I did notice what appeared to be rubber banding but I think it was just lag.

As I was fighting him I did not notice any rubber banding or land. It could of been due to the fact that he was running fraps maybe.
    Possibly, cant say I noticed it tbh. But with fraps running I was getting 50+fps still, its just my ping that hurts a little at 350-400ms. I think it was 380ms for most of that fight.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Virtus let me kick his ass in the interest of doing an up to date video of combat. Unfortunately it went a bit dark after I compressed it, cos it was night, but you should still be able to see it okay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJPTd7S-lxg
    Xsyon combat is very clunky and feels disengaged.

I'd love it to be like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrzjMjwBbGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG0YM35goSE

I'd even take Darkfall's system over Xsyon's. I'm not a fan of all the bunnyhopping and spazzy melee sprinting, but at least the mechanics are very smooth.

i think part of the problem with the current combat is that it requires the target to be highlighted in order to do damage to it. In other words a wild swing from one side to the other would not be detected if the target wasn't selected.

Something else I just noted, these are swords. In Xsyon currently they are really close range weapons, hatchets and knives.

Question: In M&B does if you swing and a friendly is also in the strike zone of the blade as well as the enemy will they both get hit?

Virtus wrote:
    i think part of the problem with the current combat is that it requires the target to be highlighted in order to do damage to it. In other words a wild swing from one side to the other would not be detected if the target wasn't selected.

Something else I just noted, these are swords. In Xsyon currently they are really close range weapons, hatchets and knives.

Question: In M&B does if you swing and a friendly is also in the strike zone of the blade as well as the enemy will they both get hit?
    Yes, friendlies in M&B do get hit when in range on the wing. At least I think I remember seeing friendly fire.

so, you don't have to have a cursor over anyone or select them? your swing area is just detected?

Virtus wrote:
    so, you don't have to have a cursor over anyone or select them? your swing area is just detected?
    M&B melee doesn't have a reticle but the bows do.

Virtus wrote:
    yeah just like Mortal online, if you want to hit A that is in front of you but there is also B on your right, you will hit B if swinging from right

sounds like i need to check m&b more then darkfall then.

Yeh, I would be checking M&B. I havent played Darkfall in ages, but I think Mortal Online combat surpasses Darkfall too. Youre welcome to borrow my account if you want to sub it :P