Thread: Some questions

Some questions

First post (I think lol), so hey everyone =)

I've just got a couple questions. Please take the time to address everything in each number if you know the answer.

1) How's crafting supposed to be set up? Will it be similar to SWG Pre-CU? In SWG Pre-CU, let's that person A might be crafting (making up a random name) a Bloody War Axe with wood gathered from one area, and Person B is crafting the same axe with wood from a different area. Person A's axe might have more damage than Person B's because person A's wood was of higher quality.

2) So, we can build houses and other buildings. Are they preset structures, or will we be able to design floorplans and choose how the house/city structure will be laid out (multiple stories, rooms in different places and sizes, etc)?

3) I read something in the features list about character aging. It mentioned your character grows 'old' and your stats are thus affected somewhat realistically. How exactly is this implemented? Does your hair/beard grow over time and need cutting? Can you get fat or lose weight? Can you work out and gain muscle?

4) The feature list says it will have a "skill based system" but also mentions something about "levels gained will bla bla bla". Can you guys expand on that? How exactly does the skill system work?

5) Is there anything you guys think of that would make me inclined to pre-order? I am, as you may have guess, an old SWG Pre-CU / EQ1 / AC2 / AO vet longing for a new game to capture my attention. All MMO's since the glory days have SUCKED in my opinion. As soon as I heard this game I got really excited. Shit, the region it's built off of is actually 2 hours away from me in real life. I've been snowboarding at Lake Tahoe for 13 years lol

Re:Some questions

travdoty wrote:
    First post (I think lol), so hey everyone =)

I've just got a couple questions. Please take the time to address everything in each number if you know the answer.

1) How's crafting supposed to be set up? Will it be similar to SWG Pre-CU? In SWG Pre-CU, let's that person A might be crafting (making up a random name) a Bloody War Axe with wood gathered from one area, and Person B is crafting the same axe with wood from a different area. Person A's axe might have more damage than Person B's because person A's wood was of higher quality.

2) So, we can build houses and other buildings. Are they preset structures, or will we be able to design floorplans and choose how the house/city structure will be laid out (multiple stories, rooms in different places and sizes, etc)?

3) I read something in the features list about character aging. It mentioned your character grows 'old' and your stats are thus affected somewhat realistically. How exactly is this implemented? Does your hair/beard grow over time and need cutting? Can you get fat or lose weight? Can you work out and gain muscle?

4) The feature list says it will have a "skill based system" but also mentions something about "levels gained will bla bla bla". Can you guys expand on that? How exactly does the skill system work?

5) Is there anything you guys think of that would make me inclined to pre-order? I am, as you may have guess, an old SWG Pre-CU / EQ1 / AC2 / AO vet longing for a new game to capture my attention. All MMO's since the glory days have SUCKED in my opinion. As soon as I heard this game I got really excited. Shit, the region it's built off of is actually 2 hours away from me in real life. I've been snowboarding at Lake Tahoe for 13 years lol
    1.) Yes, different materials will affect your item. pine might not be a good idea for a axe because it is a soft wood for example.

2.) Houses will be prefab. You choose which one you want to make, gather the resources required and place it down. structures can be placed anywhere in your tribe area (defined by the totem and tribe size).

3.) The aging system is not implemented yet but it will take 7 real years for your character to get very old.

Hair, eventually will need to be cut and trimmed and shaved.

weight gain is already implemented I believe, would have to look back at notes, the more you eat the fatter you get, less you eat thinner you get.

Not sure about muscle

4.) Just like any game you have skills, wood working, swimming, combat etc. On top of this you have personal levels. Each level up awards you points that you can put towards skills and I believe attributes such as strength, agility, charm, etc.

5.) IF WE DON'T WE WILL DO BAD THINGS!

But seriously. This game is meant to be a true adventure/action/sandbox game. If you like to build and start from scratch, living off the land, no newb towns etc, then you might want to at least keep and eye on Xsyon.

Yeah, I have been looking for a game like this. True adventure and freedom, the ultimate sandbox.

I think I might be pre-ordering it today when I get out of class =)

Well i just pre ordered and I'm not disappointed at all, normaly when i do beta or such i still get a little annoyed at bugs and what not but i spent hours making a hill for no real reason other to put my baskets on....wow

dezgard wrote:
    Well i just pre ordered and I'm not disappointed at all, normaly when i do beta or such i still get a little annoyed at bugs and what not but i spent hours making a hill for no real reason other to put my baskets on....wow
    I think thats one of the great things about this game, you can spend hours and hours just doing something insignificant, but enjoy it the whole time. Like building a hill, or a dam, or something. It truly is an enjoyable game, even the most basic of the features makes your time fly by.

It's a sandbox for grown-ups :silly: