Game uses 30+ kbps bandwidth

Jooky, why does the new version use that much bandwith? It was steady at 30kbps, but when I would start walking around it would jump up to 35kbps.

That is the most I have seen in any MMO (even more than CSS and Darkfall, which normally uses 20 - 25kbps)

Re:Game uses 30+ kbps bandwidth

I don't know honestly. It's hard to compare with what other games are doing without seeing their code. I made a note to look into this in the future.

Xsyon wrote:
    I don't know honestly. It's hard to compare with what other games are doing without seeing their code. I made a note to look into this in the future.
    It doesn't bother me at all, but with no one around the screen (that I could see) and no one editing the terrain (that I could see) its just weird that it uses that much.

Xsyon Citizen

So it's 30MB/s for the server to handle if 1k are logged in. :O

Jasdemi wrote:
    So it's 30MB/s for the server to handle if 1k are logged in. :O
    yooo, , that's pretty close to what usual disks are able to handle (not burst mode, but reality), not to speak about the bandwidth of the internet connection. ^^
    but well, speaking of 1K gamers in xsyon is something like a dream :silly:

network tweaking is last on the todo list on most beta should bring it to 5-10kb

Just uploaded a pic of the network usage (it even had a 289kbps spike when the game was at the loading screen)