Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crafting discovery window

Not sure if this has been suggested yet but...
    Ive noticed that when I discover a new craftable item through grinding I get a message flash up on the screen telling me.
    Would it be possible to display a window that has a description of the recipe upon discovery?

Re:Crafting discovery window

I could add the name of scheme to the message. I'll add your suggestion for more information along with this message to our list.

Taking it a step further, how about a history styled window? So you can look back at what you discovered. Like a list of all the recipes, and perhaps even new items you have discovered. Nothing important, just an interest/conversation piece really. Theres other things Id rather see in.

and a way to sort recipes.

and a way to sort recipes.
    This will be added in the future for sure. It was on the task list for one of the programmers I had this summer, but he failed us, so his tasks (which were simple improvements like this one) are on hold until we wrap up the features.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Taking it a step further, how about a history styled window? So you can look back at what you discovered. Like a list of all the recipes, and perhaps even new items you have discovered. Nothing important, just an interest/conversation piece really. Theres other things Id rather see in.
    A history sounds great...including chat history, skill raise. A kind of journal I suppose.

A history would be nice.
    Perhaps eventually you can flash a window up of the discovery that requires us to close manually so we don't miss something in the midst of grinding.

Ok, a quick addition would be for me to send messages like skill levelling and skill gain to the chat window in addition to the mid screen message. Then, if you like, you can scroll through the chat history.

What do you all think of this? I can add that in a few minutes.

Yes thats nice. Its a fast solution. Thanks...
    In a different color please

plz do :P we want most all info coming up in a system channel all skill gain ect :P