Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Getting stuck in terraformed trenches

tredo wrote:

People have asked about quick travel... add robe to the game... I would build a zip line. Wala, quick travel!
    This this this this, and more this!!!

I just had a vision of how this could work.

In construction, there could be a recipe for Zip lines of varying strengths and lengths. You could also craft up little pully things with handles to hold on to so you can slide down the line. Obviously, this would only work from high to low ground. As your lines get thicker and stronger, maybe you could even zip little carts full of supplies (or even multiple people) down to your tribe's city (provided it is close to a mountain or something like that). I'm not sure how attaching a zip line from starting point to finish could be implemented, but it would be a great idea. I don't think this goes against the lore of the game at all, either. It's totally within the realm of possibility given the lore they've told us so far.

*edit*
    Maybe when you get to the end of the line, you kinda do a tuck-n-roll to have a smooth landing. If you had low energy to begin with before you got on the line, maybe you lose some of your health upon landing?

Amadeusz wrote:
    not sure how they will balance this i dont want people easly scaleing my city walls.
    agreed, darkfall has completely destroyed the need for walls with all their portal systems connecting player cities and certain spells, launch lets you jump over any sized wall- telekenis floats you over any sized wall- and running and jumping into a slanted corner where 2 walls meet allows you to jump over any sized wall. (in darkfall)

Allow climbing that uses up a ridiculous amount of food/energy/health/adreniline which would remove the ability to scale tribal walls for immediate attacks.

It's really hard to come up with an idea for this, considering we don't really know how attacking tribal cities are going to work yet.

travdoty wrote:
    tredo wrote:

People have asked about quick travel... add robe to the game... I would build a zip line. Wala, quick travel!
    This this this this, and more this!!!

I just had a vision of how this could work.

In construction, there could be a recipe for Zip lines of varying strengths and lengths. You could also craft up little pully things with handles to hold on to so you can slide down the line. Obviously, this would only work from high to low ground. As your lines get thicker and stronger, maybe you could even zip little carts full of supplies (or even multiple people) down to your tribe's city (provided it is close to a mountain or something like that). I'm not sure how attaching a zip line from starting point to finish could be implemented, but it would be a great idea. I don't think this goes against the lore of the game at all, either. It's totally within the realm of possibility given the lore they've told us so far.

*edit*
    Maybe when you get to the end of the line, you kinda do a tuck-n-roll to have a smooth landing. If you had low energy to begin with before you got on the line, maybe you lose some of your health upon landing?
    I think your idea is cool, but it really needs to be something that is what's called "Keep It Simple Stupid" - you may not have these tools around when you fall into a hole/trench. It's a fast way to lose paying subscribers if they fall and get stuck in one of these holes with no way to get out.

I think if the character runs out of food, then he should die.
    Thats gonna solve the problem being stuck.

joexxxz wrote:
    I think if the character runs out of food, then he should die.
    Thats gonna solve the problem being stuck.
    that creates a bigger problem for the company, new players will get stuck, die and then logout to never return.

I like the climbing idea, but I also don't see a reason not to still have a /stuck with a long reset timer. Also I would hope that the Xsyon game guides would be able to port someone that was stuck.

aliksteel wrote:
    I like the climbing idea, but I also don't see a reason not to still have a /stuck with a long reset timer. Also I would hope that the Xsyon game guides would be able to port someone that was stuck.
    I really like most of the ideas posted but maybe the quicker for now would be aliksteel solution,game guides can teleport player.