Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Testers Gathering - Round Hill

Xx1327 wrote:

that isn't dedicated testing.
    Lol, yeah I can assure you we do some highly technical and well documented testing.

Never been called a zergling, had to google that one.
    Was thinking Toy Story

Xx1327 wrote:
    Paradox wrote:
    Or just join a tribe that’s already running and test with them

Shinra has almost round the clock activity if anyone is looking for a tribe. We do tons of testing.

We are in Zone 739
    or not... that isn't dedicated testing. be quite and let the big boys talk now zergling

Now that's funny! Round the clock is not dedicated testing? So just for argument sake.... what do you recommend 30 hours a day 10 days a week? Maybe that's what the days are like in Starcraft, but this is a different game in case you missed it.

EDIT: It's Starcraft Paradox, it's a small bug.

tredo wrote:
    Xx1327 wrote:
    Paradox wrote:
    Or just join a tribe that’s already running and test with them

Shinra has almost round the clock activity if anyone is looking for a tribe. We do tons of testing.

We are in Zone 739
    or not... that isn't dedicated testing. be quite and let the big boys talk now zergling

Now that's funny! Round the clock is not dedicated testing? So just for argument sake.... what do you recommend 30 hours a day 10 days a week? Maybe that's what the days are like in Starcraft, but this is a different game in case you missed it.

EDIT: It's Starcraft Paradox, it's a small bug.
    starcraft? i play almost nothing that comes out of blizzard, if thats what your implying?

anyways now that thats out of the way i'm just gunna refer back to my original post

Xx1327 wrote:
    anyways now that thats out of the way i'm just gunna refer back to my original post
    Are you insinuating that we are flat out lying about testing, or maybe you are saying we are incompetent in our methods? I don’t understand your accusation so I find it hard to reply.

At any rate I don’t want to derail this thread with our discussion. I was only trying to offer a viable alternative.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to continue.

After the next wipe I plan on creating a tribe for anyone to join so that they can test all features of the game and it will be made at round hill.

alright sounds like a plan, templar is down. We should get a list of priority things to test.

Paradox wrote:
    Xx1327 wrote:
    Are you insinuating that we are flat out lying about testing, or maybe you are saying we are incompetent in our methods? I don’t understand your accusation so I find it hard to reply.

At any rate I don’t want to derail this thread with our discussion. I was only trying to offer a viable alternative.

Feel free to PM me if you would like to continue.
    This is a good representation of "Shinra". I've obviously not insinuated anything other than "testing" in the way you do it is not what I would call "Dedicated testing". It all revolves around benefiting your tribe, tho you might have done the actual beneficial testing for the community/devs here and there. Now I'm done trying to get "the last word" with you on a pointless argument you seem to want to throw around. if you want You can PM me since neither of you seem to realize the point I'm making.

now because i know your going to bring something up bout the "lengths" I went to, to reply to your weak response here
    TL;DR I'm right your wrong stop trying to get last word.

Xx1327 wrote:

This is a good representation of "Shinra". I've obviously not insinuated anything other than "testing" in the way you do it is not what I would call "Dedicated testing". It all revolves around benefiting your tribe, tho you might have done the actual beneficial testing for the community/devs here and there. Now I'm done trying to get "the last word" with you on a pointless argument you seem to want to throw around. if you want You can PM me since neither of you seem to realize the point I'm making.

now because i know your going to bring something up bout the "lengths" I went to, to reply to your weak response here
    TL;DR I'm right your wrong stop trying to get last word.

But you just pulled the premise of what we are doing out of thin air. You can’t say “you are doing this and it is not up to my standard” without defining what this or the standard is. These ambiguous claims only serve to make your argument less sound in my opinion.

That’s as silly as “I'm right your wrong stop trying to get last word.”

I think the standard should be playing the game in the manner in which is intended to uncover bugs. When bugs are found report them or if possible investigate to produce information that makes the bug report more useful to the devs. And we do that.

But you have no way to know the truth about what we do in the first place so I would say you are just talking trash.

Xx1327 wrote:
    alright sounds like a plan, templar is down. We should get a list of priority things to test.
    Xx1327 wrote:
    This is a good representation of "Shinra". Now I'm done with my pointless argument I seem to want to throw around. Now because i know your going to bring something up bout the weak response here; "I'm trying to get the last word."
    Wow, thanks for the compliment, didn't expect that, however;

Everyone has their own points and ideas. Everyone has their own opinion. Let everyone play the game they way they want to. Shinra supports all its members in any way we can to help make the game more enjoyable for them, the way they want to play the game. We do not try and force any ideas about what an individual or group of individuals want to do. We have some guidelines that we all seem to follow pretty well, and that's makes a working cohesive team.

We test the game to the fullest, and I think you are missing one small thing, you have to play the game to test it. The reports we send in are a direct result in something we have found while working as a group. The dev team takes our reports, and tracks down the issue, and fixes it, therefor benefiting the whole community.

If we choose to do that somewhere outside of the hill, we can. We don't have to be under the watchful eye of anyone and even more so, we don't have to take time away from our activities to worry about someone dropping 100 bags around our walls while we are trying to test an over/under bug that we found.

So how about you do your thing, let everyone else do theirs? That's all I'm saying.

I think you meant "you're wrong."

mrcalhou wrote:
    I think you meant "you're wrong."
    Well duh

No reason to trash each other’s tribe yet, we are all here to have fun and make this game great. There will be plenty of time for disputes later.