Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Testers Gathering - Round Hill

Can I suggest that we all log into Round Hill when we create characters and populate that zone for now. There are tribes in zones miles away and that really does not help testing at all.

We can all join a few tribes to start and test the process.

Otherwise when you log into the game the world is very very empty...

I will be in Round Hill starting a new Tribe called The Sangha which means community in Sanskrit

Or if there are already some tribes there then players can join that. Once we have a few tribes we can have a war and see if it works

Re: Testers Gathering - Round Hill

Re:Testers Gathering - Round Hill

i think its the best idea for really testing everything out , its to damn hard to test crafting, gathering, pvp when u cant find anyone else....or tribe functions. I would say from now on lets make it kind of the place to spawn at jsut to make it easy on everyone to test and talk

The implementations have always been biased to already established clans, without any real function centered to bother with lone wolves.

Still lone clans are making shite out in the wilderness with no one there - I can not imagine there are many interested people playing this game apart from absolute nutters who like being in a place that no one will ever go to.

Seriously !

Stop making your dens out in the middle of no where and put everthing in Round Hill.

We are not playing at the moment, we are TESTING. So let all TEST in the same area.

Saorlan wrote:
    To be honest we should all be at one location to test this game. Some clans have found secret hide outs way away. Good luck to them and the intense boredom that will ensue if we all do that.

Why not build your shit in Round Hill so we can all interact with out running miles.

I will say it again...

There are several ways to play / test the game. Raiding and griefing is the choice method of some, while others are more interested in the mechanics of the game. There is lots of testing that can be done each zone is different. What might be working in one zone wouldn't work in another. One resource is found in one zone, while it’s not in another.

If the dev team wanted to bunch everyone up and test the game that way, they would have only turned on a few zones and left it at that.

There are many things going on in the game that few people are aware of or thinking about. High level crafting, gathering resources for trade, establishing trade routes, building a tribal area to meet the needs of the tribe as well as welcome others, but stay defendable. Manage resources at a tribal level. Govern tribal peoples, establish, develop, and test tribe function. Terrain functions and how it affects tribal development.

In short, if the dev team wanted everyone to log in, throw a few sticks in the ground and gather around them and fight they would have created a different game.

I think it’s all about what you want the game to do for you. Test it how you want to test it, if you want to bunch up some people and fight, find those that want to test like you and do it, while others will test it their way. Tribes are forming; establishing a good foundation for when year 0 gets here. You can be a solo player, you can be a tribal leader, member, or whatever you want to do. Explore the game; I can tell you however, the game is a social monster. You will eventually have to work with, for, or beside someone at some point.

Saorlan I am not sure why you keep trying to push everyone into one area, but I can tell you that your efforts would be better spent trying to devise a way to make your plan work over a great distance. The game will be played over a great distance and not in a single zone or 2, so I would keep that in mind. As I have stated on many occasions, test as you would play, that is the only way to make a game that you will, play!

tredo wrote:
    Saorlan wrote:
    To be honest we should all be at one location to test this game. Some clans have found secret hide outs way away. Good luck to them and the intense boredom that will ensue if we all do that.

Why not build your shit in Round Hill so we can all interact with out running miles.

I will say it again...

There are several ways to play / test the game. Raiding and griefing is the choice method of some, while others are more interested in the mechanics of the game. There is lots of testing that can be done each zone is different. What might be working in one zone wouldn't work in another. One resource is found in one zone, while it’s not in another.

If the dev team wanted to bunch everyone up and test the game that way, they would have only turned on a few zones and left it at that.

There are many things going on in the game that few people are aware of or thinking about. High level crafting, gathering resources for trade, establishing trade routes, building a tribal area to meet the needs of the tribe as well as welcome others, but stay defendable. Manage resources at a tribal level. Govern tribal peoples, establish, develop, and test tribe function. Terrain functions and how it affects tribal development.

In short, if the dev team wanted everyone to log in, throw a few sticks in the ground and gather around them and fight they would have created a different game.

I think it’s all about what you want the game to do for you. Test it how you want to test it, if you want to bunch up some people and fight, find those that want to test like you and do it, while others will test it their way. Tribes are forming; establishing a good foundation for when year 0 gets here. You can be a solo player, you can be a tribal leader, member, or whatever you want to do. Explore the game; I can tell you however, the game is a social monster. You will eventually have to work with, for, or beside someone at some point.

Saorlan I am not sure why you keep trying to push everyone into one area, but I can tell you that your efforts would be better spent trying to devise a way to make your plan work over a great distance. The game will be played over a great distance and not in a single zone or 2, so I would keep that in mind. As I have stated on many occasions, test as you would play, that is the only way to make a game that you will, play!
    I approve.

My tribe are considering moving with this wipe and are currently exploring new locations to set up a camp. Some of us tests a lot and tests a lot of different things (I've been testing a lot of terraforming for one thing and woodwork) others have been testing other areas.
    Whenever you get a bug, you write down what you were doing before hand, what you did during the bug and how it affected the game. If it creates a log, attach and send (or compile a lot of bugs) and you need to do this in a lot of zones to see how it works on an overall scale.

for the sake of testing i agree with this, on the next wipe how bout you make a tribe called "TEST GROUP 1" then we'll do a 2 and 3
    have them all build up in diff areas, one near water one kind on the flat ground no near water and one in the hilly area near a river

i bet we can talk to jooky bout this ask him if theres anything in particular he wants us to look at, then after a few days or week(s) we have him wipe it and carry on with our business.

everyone can suck it up and do this, we should make it mandatory for a certain time period if you come in game. start a new thread for sign up and to assign ppl to tribes

Or just join a tribe that’s already running and test with them

Shinra has almost round the clock activity if anyone is looking for a tribe. We do tons of testing.

We are in Zone 739

Paradox wrote:
    Or just join a tribe that’s already running and test with them

Shinra has almost round the clock activity if anyone is looking for a tribe. We do tons of testing.

We are in Zone 739
    or not... that isn't dedicated testing. be quite and let the big boys talk now zergling