Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canoes

Re:Canoes

Not gonna bother quoting that mess.

Yes I have read the lore but I couldn't care less about lore. A good game is a good game with or without lore. But a game that sticks to the lore at the expense of good gameplay is a bad game.

Have YOU read the lore? I doubt it since you would've known that our characters are supposed to be the descendants of the survivors of the apocolypse. I would say since they are at lake Tahoe and it's surrounded by green mist that they were probably from around there and maybe their ancestors told stories about the indians who used to live there? So by hearing the stories and seeing pictures they knew how to make them? Does that work for you? Can we move out of mamby pamby land and talk about gameplay > lore?

Honestly who cares if something doesn't fit into the lore if it makes the game fun?

You're mom isnt part of the "lore" but you don't see other players complaining.

Shrimps wrote:
    Not gonna bother quoting that mess.

Yes I have read the lore but I couldn't care less about lore. A good game is a good game with or without lore. But a game that sticks to the lore at the expense of good gameplay is a bad game.

Have YOU read the lore? I doubt it since you would've known that our characters are supposed to be the descendants of the survivors of the apocolypse. I would say since they are at lake Tahoe and it's surrounded by green mist that they were probably from around there and maybe their ancestors told stories about the indians who used to live there? So by hearing the stories and seeing pictures they knew how to make them? Does that work for you? Can we move out of mamby pamby land and talk about gameplay > lore?

Honestly who cares if something doesn't fit into the lore if it makes the game fun?
    You should read the lore again mate. And chill out, no need to get so worked up, lol.

You should read the lore again mate. And chill out, no need to get so worked up, lol.
    I think what shrimps is getting at is maybe for you to chill out, have your mother warm up some milk in a bottle and go suck (coming from the other posts you have made in this topic)and because lore doesn't matter or even makes sense to be QQing about adding something that is borderline non lore but has a good chance of making for a better game, shrimps is saying if it is good content/skill or items then it's better for the game, other then just sucking the tit of the lore...

And I agree, if you want games that only cares about lore and not game play you're welcome to go play LORTO, WoW, and all the other lame ass tab targeting button mashing games.

I believe most of the people in this game are trying to get away from that and make something new to world not the same old shit, just sayin.

And where is it I said I didnt want good content in game? I merely said, I dont like the content being taken over by Indian stuff.

And just for your comfort, I'm quite chilled out. Getting a laugh out of you actually. Go snuggle with your guildie now mate

Kinslayer wrote:
    BTW, I got something warm for you to suck on :P
    Coffee? Is it coffee!? TELL ME IT'S COFFEE! I NEED COFFEE!!

Kinslayer wrote:
    And where is it I said I didnt want good content in game? I merely said, I dont like the content being taken over by Indian stuff. So fuckin excuse me. BTW, I got something warm for you to suck on :P

And just for your comfort, I'm quite chilled out. Getting a laugh out of you dickheads actually. Go snuggle with your guildie now mate
    Atm that is what stage the game is in... so get use to it.

Also sorry if you don't like it when someone stands up to your stupid posts but I can give you a quick solution, stop trollin.

mrcalhou wrote:
    Kinslayer wrote:
    BTW, I got something warm for you to suck on :P
    Coffee? Is it coffee!? TELL ME IT'S COFFEE! I NEED COFFEE!!
    LOL.

@dipshit: Last time I checked, this is the suggestion forum, so I made a suggestion. If you dont like people having a say, and making suggestions, don't read the suggestion threads. Last I checked, its you and your mate stomping on ppls suggestions, so who's the troll?

Back to the actual topic...

Canoes and Rafts would be great. As far as anything larger, I personally wouldn't push past a 21-footer, seeing as how every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to want at least 1 ship for their tribe. And on top of that, if they do go for a 21-foot ship, they should make it so it takes a few people to crew it... like 2 to 4.

Also, canoes can store some things, just like rafts. You will just be limited more when it comes to space. However, canoes would probably have an advantage over rafts, if water-flow was ever implemented. Rafts typically only move downstream, where canoes can go downstream or upstream.

Darenkel wrote:
    Back to the actual topic...

Canoes and Rafts would be great. As far as anything larger, I personally wouldn't push past a 21-footer, seeing as how every Tom, Dick, and Harry is going to want at least 1 ship for their tribe. And on top of that, if they do go for a 21-foot ship, they should make it so it takes a few people to crew it... like 2 to 4.

Also, canoes can store some things, just like rafts. You will just be limited more when it comes to space. However, canoes would probably have an advantage over rafts, if water-flow was ever implemented. Rafts typically only move downstream, where canoes can go downstream or upstream.
    That all sounds like the Wurm system, which is a very good system. I would definitely recommend the devs take a look at it if they can.