Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Canoes

Canoes

Whilst wandering along the waters edge, i thought wouldn't it be great to be able to craft a indian style canoe for travelling, fishing etc.

I don't know if you guys have thought of or have plans to add water transport, but i think it would fit in well with the Xyson survival theme.

Re:Canoes

The early english had a little round boat thing that would also work well...it was skins stretched over several bent branchs.

EDIT: at least I think I saw this somewhere. A true historian can probably give a better accounting of what I mean...or a good googler

all in good time they will be in later

Sweet, dont forget to let us paint go faster stripes!

I'd understand canoes and small rafts, however in the suggestion list it stated "ships". That's definitely something that I wouldn't like to see. People don't know how to make guns but for some odd reason they know how to make ships? Ships are way different than little boats.

trenixdecease wrote:
    I'd understand canoes and small rafts, however in the suggestion list it stated "ships". That's definitely something that I wouldn't like to see. People don't know how to make guns but for some odd reason they know how to make ships? Ships are way different than little boats.
    canoes and rafts would be perfect.

Im not really liking the idea of everything being indian styled. I thought this was supposed to be an alternate realm, so why are we all native american all of a sudden?

Canoes though, yeh, great idea. I like how Wurm made it so if you take a canoe out to deeper water to fish, you catch bigger fish, maybe something like that could be implemented to.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Im not really liking the idea of everything being indian styled. I thought this was supposed to be an alternate realm, so why are we all native american all of a sudden?
    there are more types of buildings than just tepees- and when did indians use brick walls?

everything is not indian style as you say- only some things are.

Also, the indians new how to live off the land just as we are trying to do- so it only makes sense to me that some things are influenced by the indian way of life.

I really think you should be playing call of duty- I think you would be a lot happier.

I kinda agree, the game is very Indian styled. I'd prefer seeing junk houses made out of scrap metal rather than a tepee. Check out the trash houses in the movie District 9. Those would make the game more 2012 diasterish.

KeithStone wrote:
    there are more types of buildings than just tepees- and when did indians use brick walls?
    Some examples:

Pubelos (Navajo, Hopi, Anasazi, Zuni). Walls and Cities (Mayan, Inca, Aztec). Others with permanent structures (Choctaw, Cherokee, Northwest Pacific US tribes)

Not all American Indian tribes were nomadic.