Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Re:Some ideas for combat

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you Jadzia.

A lot of MMO's were going for the usual RPG style combat with mindless keyboard shortcuts spamming, simply because that was what first came and worked 'flawlessly'.
    DF took it further with their FPS style..

This game is very much based on the real world. Would you, in the real world, always aim correctly or not accidently hit friends if you were fighting together.
    No, so it ought to be like that in Xsyon.

I'm all for the DarkFall system, without the constant run-turn-run-turn thing they got going -.-..
    Auto-attack/tab-targeting is a choice for developers who want the character to determine the outcome power-wise. It is also much less reliant on great ping, and that's why many developers choose that route.

Meridian 59, the first 3D MMO, is twitch. Neocron, Planetside, WWII Online, and a few others before DF were/are, too.

It seems more and more MMOs are starting to head towards twitch-play these days, though. I'm happy about that.

i miss neocron and ww2ol , both of those games are dead, neocron is abandonware and ww2ol became battleground europe, some arcade bullshit.

This is something i'm really looking forward, imagine getting the feel of this games combat into Xyson, it would be a real winner as it feels smooth and really meaty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_QMF9RXxm8

Illmaculate wrote:
    Vandali wrote:
    This is something i'm really looking forward, imagine getting the feel of this games combat into Xyson, it would be a real winner as it feels smooth and really meaty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_QMF9RXxm8
    Far too much twitch skill involved for Jadzia to be smacking her bratty children around and be playing Xsyon at the same time.
    lol really now

i sense a rivalary

Thread starts out positive (well, very fanboi'ish), but takes a turn for the worse:

- "You always see games with fantastic gameplay mechanics, but they are always lacking, either in combat, or graphics."

- "The games combat sucks. Until they fix that the game will suck because most of its game play will suck"

- "I don't really mind graphics but the combat was terrible and boring."

- "if the combat was that bad, then they got a long way to go"

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/sho...d.php?t=266298

Even though there are people in the Xsyon forums who think combat isn't going to be important in the long run; it's going to be. If it isn't improved in a huge manner, the game's chances of doing well will likely take a hit.

JCatano wrote:
    Thread starts out positive (well, very fanboi'ish), but takes a turn for the worse:

- "You always see games with fantastic gameplay mechanics, but they are always lacking, either in combat, or graphics."

- "The games combat sucks. Until they fix that the game will suck because most of its game play will suck"

Even though there are people in the Xsyon forums who think combat isn't going to be important in the long run; it's going to be. If it isn't improved in a huge manner, the game's chances of doing well will likely take a hit.
    QFT, I hope combat gets one more MAJOR iteration before official release.

The first person camera view could do with a change, you should be able to see your fists/weapons do their thing, currently if you want to see your fist punching you have to look straight down at the ground.

It would look a helluva lot better if you had something along the lines of this when in first person view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxMs2BVCLE

Illmaculate wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

What's your IGN in darkfall?
    Onatac.

Can we get a an update in the tweaks and suggestions sticky? Right now it says "Combat --> None"

Illmaculate wrote:
    Agree. This is the single-most important feature — along with how pvp and conquest will function — and it seems it's being relatively ignored.

I'd drop everything and focus on these aspects of the game. If not, this game will not succeed.
    No it isn't?
    As far as I remember they actually said that they were looking into other MMO's and how they were doing the fps combat. There in M&B and DF. (Hopefully they'll go for a more M&B style)

They've had construction in the scope for a long time now, and they need tribe ranks and a system I think that is more than enough + they need time to take in the suggestions and see how they can implement them for all to enjoy. It takes time, and right now as pvp is off in tribe territories, I'd say construction and tribe system/ranks is a lot more important to focus on right now.

Keep the good ideas on combat coming, it only helps the devs