Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:Prevent Macroing

It seems that each time you post, we are seemingly allowed to macro longer and longer.

Let me guess, now it's ok if we go and watch a football game for 2 hours and then take a two hour nap while macroing?

Seriously, anything other then quoting actions should result in a ban.

It seems that each time you post
    Me?

just my opinion

TBH...I dont want a game of AFK macro'ers.

And if dissabling G15 type keyboards are what it'll take to help prevent it, then by all means do it. I will help any way the Devs see fit in trying to eliminate it...short of buying a new keyboard lol.

AFK macro'ing ruined too many games.

AFK macro'ing ruined too many games.
    /signed

Still thinking you underestimate it.
    But i dont what to tell you how to get the job done, youve already done a good job :cheer:

This game will be filled with lazy ass macroers and exploiting players. They will form tribes and will not reveal how they exploit until caught. This game will have it's share of hackers and cheaters , it will always have some unless the devs do something about it, usually devs just dont care because they bring in money. In the long run they will destroy the game though like every other failed game project.

People don't want to play fair , they like to use their keyboard and 3rd party software to grind even while they sleep, they have been destroying gaming since everquest and thats why people play all those queer ass console ports for kiddos.

but the open pvp should help curb this problem as macroers will be open season for pvp people and sticking to a tribe area for macroers will be hard the area just wont be enough plus waring a macro tribe would be a huge slaughter :P:P

Tribal areas are safe zones if you are in the tribe.

Arent they only safe areas to start off with? I think thats a temporary thing.

Im more concerned with exploiters/dupers than macroers. In Mortal Online, numerous guilds duped so much gold they could build multiple keeps, while the honest non-duping guilds had to lose large numbers of players from burnout trying to grind gold. Those honest guilds ended up forced into large alliances to keep up with the duping guilds.

The main problem there was the devs knew about it, but didnt do anything. Meanwhile when we complained the game consisted of too much grinding for gold that it was burning people out, the duping guilds came in and argued that the game was fine, if they could do it, anyone should be able to.

Hopefully we dont see any duping bugs/exploits in this game, but if they do come about, I just hope the devs have the sense to delete the duped items to keep things fair.

As for macroing, I agree afk macroing should be a ban-able offense, while attended macroing should be okay, simply to eliminate rsi from repeated clicking.

As for macroing, I agree afk macroing should be a ban-able offense, while attended macroing should be okay, simply to eliminate rsi from repeated clicking.
    Totally agree with you.

dezgard wrote:
    but the open pvp should help curb this problem as macroers will be open season for pvp people and sticking to a tribe area for macroers will be hard the area just wont be enough plus waring a macro tribe would be a huge slaughter :P:P

In Darkfall it did not make any difference at all and Its by far more deadly in a open pvp world with full loot then in any other game. I experianced first hand what macroing, duping and aimbotting can do to a game. Few Cheaters caused that 50% of the server left the game. Leaving an empty server causing more people to leave cause the servers are dead and nothing to do anymore and there is not enough sand in that box yet. Most people can accept loosing if they are outplayed but they can't accept they just don't stand a chance due to an unfair advantage like duping and macrooing. Certenly when those people run around in gear 10 times better then yours, hits 3 times harder then you and have twice as mutch hitpoints as you only to be drylooted and start all over again. Its a bit to mutch for the casual player.