Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting idea

Hunting idea

So when I am out hunting for bone items, ie. killing deer and bear, I should be able to harvest some meat from these kills as well. Is this something that is planned for when cooking is released? If so, how is cooking progressing? Is it going to be a skill that everyone can use like foraging or is it going to be a choice skill?

thanks,
    Tredo

Added to official list ~KiwiBird

Re:Hunting idea

I think meat is on some list to realize if I remember right.
    That would be great yes, but not raw please :blink:

It should require a cleaver to butcher an animal for it's meat. Maybe have it be a skill while you're at it.

yea pretty sure this is going to be in lol why even ask xD

and why would you need a cleaver to get meat, you know anything bout hunting?

I'm guessing he means needing a cleaver to cut the animal up into smaller pieces perhaps? *shrug* In a game that is supposed to rely heavily on crafting, I'm a fan of needing different items to complete different tasks if only because it would help to open up the market.

mrcalhou wrote:
    I'm guessing he means needing a cleaver to cut the animal up into smaller pieces perhaps? *shrug* In a game that is supposed to rely heavily on crafting, I'm a fan of needing different items to complete different tasks if only because it would help to open up the market.
    oh yes i understand and agree with you. ha was just poking fun :P

Xx1327 wrote:
    yea pretty sure this is going to be in lol why even ask xD

and why would you need a cleaver to get meat, you know anything bout hunting?
    I agree with this^

You don't need a cleaver to get meat only butchers use cleavers because for cutting large quantities of meat it makes it easier.

Making tasks require arbitrary items just for the sake of making crafting more specialized just makes it frustrating and overly complicated.

Should be able to eat the meat straight off the animal for adrenaline increase XD. I know there are some beliefs and tribes that do such things.

It would be kinda cool if you could take the animal on your back like you can with wood/gras/... and bring it back to the camp to hang it up and butcher it instead of doing it on the field. If you do this offcourse this should bring and advantage like more or better quality items.

Chade wrote:
    It would be kinda cool if you could take the animal on your back like you can with wood/gras/... and bring it back to the camp to hang it up and butcher it instead of doing it on the field. If you do this offcourse this should bring and advantage like more or better quality items.
    That would be cool! Animals at this time de-spawn far too quickly.