Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Levelling hiding

here was how i saw myself at 79 hiding EDIT: click picture to see where skill points were at

but it seems no one else had a hard time seeing me...dont know why

Not sure if it is working but high perception should counter this

I have to say that I have thought from the beginning and continue to think that the very idea of a hiding skill executed in the manner that it is at the moment it utterly rediculous.

Standing in front of someone and having your character partially transparent does not in any way reflect how hiding works in real life.

Hiding should be removed as a skill as soon as possible in my opinion, and let players rely on the use of terrain and their own abilities if they wish to obscure themselves from the view of others. Perhaps if need be replace the hiding skill with a "Creaping" skill that allows the player to reduce the amount of noise they make while moving.

But other than this, hiding should be outright removed as a skill as it is totally unrealistic and unimmersive at the moment. In my opinion such an artificial system for hiding has no place in any RPG let along one such as Xsyon.

I'm not a fan of how "hiding" works, either.

I would like the camera locked behind the character (no mouse-panning at all) and not able to zoom out too far. That would allow stealth without needing a mechanic which causes players to be transparent.

simple take it out and just add carry-able bushes :P im not joking either

Ah the good ol' days when you could carry a bit of dirt and look like a dirt pile. Seeing a moving pile of dirt for the first time freaks most people out in wurm

I didn't have many good memories of that "game". It was broken, and it had a broken developer.

A skill that actually makes your character invisible or more difficult to see isn't the right approach. If character names aren't visible overhead without having your cursor over someone then that is actually enough to allow people to use terrain to sneak up on others. Sound then becomes the true element of stealth so all the hiding skill needs to do is to allow players to move silently without making footsteps. The higher the skill in hiding(sneaking would be a better name), the less noise you make and the quicker you can move while hiding.

Hiding needs to be taken out - we are not playing WOW thieves FFS.

Actually, stealing is part of the game according to attribute definitions. (intellience & perception)...

I say keep hiding as it is, it will require you to sacrifice attribute points to perception to counter it...and attribute points are part of the tweeking of your toon. If you start making just 3 or 4 attributes pertinate, then why even have the others...everyone will be cookie cutter of each other with agility, strength, fortitude all maxed out, without little thought given to other attributes.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to the time that I can actually hide, then snipe someone/something with a bow or other projectile weapon.