Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re:Modern Weapons - Really?

lol @ hello kitty

Rev empties assault rifle clip at Mrcalhou.
    Mrcalhou throws up electromagnetic field and wildly deflects bullets.
    Mrcalhou launches Arc Lightning at Rev.
    Rev twitches on ground paralyzed.
    Pino shoots mrcalhou with wooden bolt.
    Mrcalhou dies.

Sounds good to my ears... variety please. It's not because we got plasma gatling that a poisoned blowgun dart will be completely ineffective.

Plasma gatling? I think that's going to be my nickname if we do get magic...

I think it'd be so cool if we could have engineering skills and be able to craft auto turrets.

Could have some sort of craftable "logic chip" so they don't attack tribe mates and/or allied tribes or something.

yes we do need implants and hightech gear , they will need to upgrade the UI and add brain/chest implants and such.

I think the devs are scared to trow some stat items in there so i suspect they will have a function instead (skill)

What I was suggesting was more along the lines of a craftable component that could be used when crafting a turret to change it's behavior (or must always be used if that's how crafting works).

But yes, I'd like to see stat items, or items that when crafted have additonal and/or special properties. Like the shishkabob from Fallout 3 adds fire damage.

REVKhA wrote:
    I can endure this tribal era if it has a good variety of weapons from pistols to rifles to bow's and arrows, poison, blowguns and melee. But after a year if the game does not progress to a modern, post modern, and sci-fi era than i'll just quit.
    You're nuts if you expect this game to transform that much within a year. Unless the pace of development ramps up dramatically.

REVKhA wrote:
    I can endure this tribal era if it has a good variety of weapons from pistols to rifles to bow's and arrows, poison, blowguns and melee. But after a year if the game does not progress to a modern, post modern, and sci-fi era than i'll just quit.
    Rev, you could have saved some money and a lot of frustration for yourself if you have read the game homepage and features before buying it. I wonder what gave you the idea that Xsyon is going to evolve into a sci-fi game.

This is from the Features page, evolution section:
    Agriculture.
    Evolved cooking. Character created recipes.
    Animal breeding and pets.
    Trade with tribes beyond the impenetrable mist.
    Armor decoration system which can indicate achievements and status.
    New weapons, armor and tools.
    Religion.
    This doesn't sound as a high tech sci-fi theme for me.
    It's like going to EVE and demanding to have fairies asap.