Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Modern Weapons - Really?

I'd like to remind you that i'm here since more than half a year and we have not launched yet, i remember the may 15th date. Once they are settled i bet the pace will go up dramatically, they have had obvious problems with programmers and the code they did.

New weapons armors and tools... yep that's what i mean. Who said i wanted plasma guns in a year or i will leave... it's called progression, tribal/modern/postmodern/lowtech/hightech/sci-fi/wtfbbq is a lot of tiers to me.

I will always be against religion , that feature needs to be very well though or else it might be the end of Xsyon, just like wurm online died when they implemented that shitty ass feature. Religion has no place in games, its a fucked up retarded feature and i would prefer having something else than that.

It will probably take a week before we get the grand master crafters from all the botting they did 24/7 so the achievement whores are gonna whine about that much sooner than you think.

Point is there is a satellite dish at the bottom of the tribe totem, so you and your fairy tribe are the only things close to fairies in this game.

Cunk wrote:
    REVKhA wrote:
    I can endure this tribal era if it has a good variety of weapons from pistols to rifles to bow's and arrows, poison, blowguns and melee. But after a year if the game does not progress to a modern, post modern, and sci-fi era than i'll just quit.
    You're nuts if you expect this game to transform that much within a year. Unless the pace of development ramps up dramatically.
    The game ain't even launched yet, so 12 months after launch then we'll see

i think you'll be surprised how much will get done after release

dezgard wrote:
    i think you'll be surprised how much will get done after release
    I agree, once this game launches i bet they will implement things much faster and the people will whine even more than me.

Religion is just about the only thing i do not want to see in this game, there is already enough of it in the real world and in these forums. Politics we can create our own, religion is too hard coded usually and might destroy this game like it did destroy Wurm.

We need to provide feedback so they can launch asap , Notorious games needs money and if this game dies then i lose hope in pc gaming, fallout new vegas is all nice but it's a console port and single player. We are in 2010 and soon 2011 and i want to play a real mmorpg true open sandbox and this is as close as it gets.

Who the fuck would want to leave such a grand project like this, it has rpg/rts/fps elements and one of the most hard core pc game to ever be created. I'm just hoping it stays that way and does not drift into a realm of softness and carebear ideals.

They have been doing great except the game has no blood/gore yet and that annoys me, i want to see blood when i hit someone and when i skin animals it needs to pour out.

I can't see myself leaving this game except if they implement some religion biased hard coded crap or if this game stays in the tribal era after 12-18 months. Nobody wants to collect bones when there are satellite dishes in the loading screen.

Nicely said its nice to have a game evolve and to be part of it

REVKhA wrote:
    I will always be against religion , that feature needs to be very well though or else it might be the end of Xsyon, just like wurm online died when they implemented that shitty ass feature. Religion has no place in games, its a fucked up retarded feature and i would prefer having something else than that.
    Religion is usually just a way to wrap a magic system in a different form. I don't see what's inherently wrong with "religion" in a game.

Wurm's system was broken for years because there were only a couple of useful spells and priests were too restricted in what they could do. So priests only existed as alts. But in the last year or so he's addressed that and added a large number of spells (some of them fairly useful) to each priest type, reduced the restrictions to a reasonable level, and added another path (meditation) to magic-like abilities. Frankly I think Rolf deserves credit for at least trying to do something unique and different from how most games do it. And I hope Xsyon is just as willing to experiment.

REVKhA wrote:
    I'd like to remind you that i'm here since more than half a year and we have not launched yet, i remember the may 15th date. Once they are settled i bet the pace will go up dramatically, they have had obvious problems with programmers and the code they did.
    I didn't say its not possible to develop a game in a year, I was asking that what made you think the direction of the development would be hightech/sci-fi. Nothing shows that for me.

Don't get me wrong, I love sci-fi, I'd prefer a sci-fi setting than a post apocalyps/primitive culture/religion-magic setting in the game, I just don't see it coming.

I see this game going more the way of Mad Max than of scifi laser gatling auto turrets. But we'll see what they wanna do with it.

By the way Revkha didn't you wanna get banned? Either way you cry too much.

Shrimps wrote:
    I see this game going more the way of Mad Max than of scifi laser gatling auto turrets. But we'll see what they wanna do with it.
    This!

This!

with cherrys ontop