Floating names and character creation

Just would like to ask if there is any official info regarding changes in character creationg (more info tooltips at character creationg, better customization, more fluff etc) and if floating names ingame will change because now they are almost impossible to see due to their colour and fount.

On the other hand, I think that character names should ONLY be visible when the reticule is at the player, if not, a player hidding behind a tree, for example, could be seen by other player because his floating name shows behind the tree xD

any info on this?

Re:Floating names and character creation

The character creation will be completely overhauled at some point, but it's not a priority right now as we are trying to focus on finishing critical game features so that we can start the Prelude.

The names will be revised soon so that you can see only friend and foe names from a distance. The color of the text will reflect if a player is evil or good. I will see if we can block the name from rendering when a player is behind a tree. This should be possible.

Isn't it better, more realistic, easier for you and offer better gameplay moments if player names are only visible for you if you place the aiming reticule on the target?? That is how it works on Darkfall online for example, and that gives very good experience. For example, you can be crouching behind a mountain seeing how a player is harvesting and he can't see your name floating because he can't target you (just like what happens in real life, no one knows you are there if they dont move to you or you let him see you). Or you could hide around an enemy guild city to check something and they won't see you if you don't let them.

The blocking name behind trees thing I think is very simplistic and maybe more difficult than just showing player names if you target them with aiming reticule, but just my opinion!

treyu wrote:
    Isn't it better, more realistic, easier for you and offer better gameplay moments if player names are only visible for you if you place the aiming reticule on the target??
    I like it and it works in other games like DF or MO.

Yeh, I have to agree, it works nicely to not see names unless you aim the player. This would be a good addition to the game in my books.

signed

hiding should also have invisible name

Oh! for whenever the Char Creation is overhauled, can we have the option to input the number change on stats manually? ie if I want Dex up to 90 I can just key in 90 after highlighting the original 50.
    The press and hold was a HUGE advancement, but even that can be tedious when re-rolling like 50 times hehehe (What?? I love starting with Spooner XP)

Names only visible when you mouse over a player, please.

Objects in the way (trees, bushes, buildings, etc.) should override the mouse-over, of course.

Risk wrote:
    Oh! for whenever the Char Creation is overhauled, can we have the option to input the number change on stats manually? ie if I want Dex up to 90 I can just key in 90 after highlighting the original 50.
    The press and hold was a HUGE advancement, but even that can be tedious when re-rolling like 50 times hehehe (What?? I love starting with Spooner XP)
    I dont see a problem how it is. It only takes a minute to do this. You are not going to be rerolling that often when the game goes live.

And I also agree with names not being shown unless targeted