Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Animal Skinning and Butchering

Why have grass, wind, rain…., it’s all absolutely unnecessary

Blood doesn’t have to be completely gratuitous overkill but it’s real and immersive.

I can take or leave blood when it comes to gaming, As long as they don't do crazy crap like blood spatter on the screen. Now that kills the immersion for me.

IMO I think that most of us would overlook the blood after a few times. Thats why I don't care if it's in or out. I want be really looking at it any way. That is if it's done right, And not overkill.

Paradox wrote:
    Why has grass, wind, rain…., it’s all absolutely unnecessary

Blood doesn’t have to be completely gratuitous overkill but it’s real and immersive.
    You are right, it's real and immersive...thats why I don't want it. I don't want to feel so that I killed a real animal or even worse a real person...I don't want any immersion in this case.

As long as I can turn blood off I don't care if it's there. But I think the game would get an 18+ rating with blood in it....I'm not sure though.

Regardless of blood or not, I have a feeling this game will be rated "mature" for similar reasons of other games before it, for example;

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is rated "Mature" by the ESRB for "Blood," "Drug Reference," "Intense Violence," and "Language." The drug references come in the multiplayer mode, where you can equip your player profile with badges that may depict a marijuana leaf or rolled-up joint.
    Killing someone in a game, killing an animal in game and then skinning it, tearing its bones out, and dissecting its head, would be intense violence imho!

Xsyon Citizen

Re: Animal Skinning and Butchering

Virtus wrote:
    actually, in Germany it is illegal to have blood in games. In an mmo developers have to do coding so that people playing from Germany do not see it.
    Wow..Just..Wow...I wonder how they put up with it IRL. Anyway, As for the Original post, what does everyone think?

Edit: As for immersion..the more immersive, the happier i am, but thats just me and probably a select few of the community. Things have to be developed in order to accustom the overall majority the community. Inb4, I've been bursting with ideas lately so you'll see more posts from me..not blood related i promise..well, NOT ENTIRELY blood related.

tredo wrote:
    Killing someone in a game, killing an animal in game and then skinning it, tearing its bones out, and dissecting its head, would be intense violence imho!
    Not to mention the use of human bones in many recipes...I'd imagine wearing human bone armor would be quite telling. This will not be an "E" rated game. "T" is pushing it. I'd say it's a pretty mature game, although some of those who play it may not be all that mature! :P

What about the option to marry / mate with .. oh nvm..

make it an option

My vote for blood would have to be, hell yeh, put it in. Honestly, if it takes a bit of red on your screen to think, oh wow, its like I just killed a real deer, thats awesome, cos I cant say Ive ever been that immersed in a game, ever. But for the more faint-hearted, sure, put a switch on it so they can turn it off, that couldnt be too hard to do, surely.

Turning off for those that dislike gore is fine, i find it funny though, red dead redemption skinning is a giggle.