Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Animal Skinning and Butchering

Here is something that may be cool to think about. Wounded animal/human blood trail. This could also play into the perception stat for tracking.

Personally, I don't care for excessive blood either. To me it is a eye candy feature, something that could be added later once all the basics are taken care of to get the game out the door.

Of course, I would like to see more fluff crafting items, like clothing, packs of leather or cloth, and furniture. But I would rather see a stable game platform with all the mechanics working properly before time is spent on eye candy implementation.

Persistent blood would be another item that needs to be tracked in real time, taking up both bandwidth and computer resources. I'd rather see animal carcasses change as they are 'harvested', loosing the skin, head, and deflating as the meat and bones are removed and then disappearing once nothing is left to take from the carcass.

I would like to see finishing moves similar to those in Manhunt. No blood though.

aliksteel wrote:
    Here is something that may be cool to think about. Wounded animal/human blood trail. This could also play into the perception stat for tracking.
    This is an excellent idea.

aliksteel wrote:
    I could see this develop into a tracking skill or linked to hunting. Or as you said, link it directly to perception. Over time this would fade, but as it is now animals typically don't get too far away before the killing blow is placed... (unless I'm too encumbered from looting too much! :woohoo: )

Kitsume wrote:
    Of course, I would like to see more fluff crafting items, like clothing, packs of leather or cloth, and furniture. But I would rather see a stable game platform with all the mechanics working properly before time is spent on eye candy implementation
    Ditto, this would add a new dimension to the game. I think most of what you are asking for will be coming after a few of the more prominent features are enabled. I know I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit and just creating some "fluff" items to add a bit of flavor our area.

Who knows, perhaps with this next patch when construction in introduced we'll see a few items that will fall in line with "furniture"...We'll see...