Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chests

Re:Chests

REVKhA wrote:
    Canadian wrote:
    I play solo and i'd like it if there wern't permissions just hide your bags
    The game is tribal based, not solo based. If you want to solo, go play Fallout New Vegas or something, it's made for soloers. This is a mmorpg based on tribes, i hope you get ganked.
    I was replying to somebody else I chose this game and I can play solo if I feel like it, you hope I get ganked? why? that really hurt my feelings try not to be so mean.

Canadian wrote:
    REVKhA wrote:
    Canadian wrote:
    I play solo and i'd like it if there wern't permissions just hide your bags
    The game is tribal based, not solo based. If you want to solo, go play Fallout New Vegas or something, it's made for soloers. This is a mmorpg based on tribes, i hope you get ganked.
    I was replying to somebody else I chose this game and I can play solo if I feel like it, you hope I get ganked? why? that really hurt my feelings try not to be so mean.
    Don't care about Rev, he loves drunk posting.

If you want to play solo, just place your bag in a friendly tribe area, so you get the protection. That would be a workaround for now, though I hope there will be a better solution for solo players.

Jadzia wrote:

If you want to play solo, just place your bag in a friendly tribe area, so you get the protection. That would be a workaround for now, though I hope there will be a better solution for solo players.

Are you sure about this? Right now, only tribe members are safe in a tribe area, so I would imagine, all other benefits of tribe area only apply to tribe members.

Deacon wrote:
    Jadzia wrote:

Are you sure about this? Right now, only tribe members are safe in a tribe area, so I would imagine, all other benefits of tribe area only apply to tribe members.
    No, I'm not sure...I thought Xsyon meant to say this, but I might be wrong.

Xsyon wrote:
    Yes, now that tribes permissions are set up, I will soon free up the permissions on things outside of tribe zones.
    To free up permissions outside of tribe zones...that means the permissions will be there inside tribe zones. I thought it was meant for every bag and stuffs placed in a tribe area, but if this is meant only for the tribemembers' stuffs then it won't help for soloers.

I thought he meant, he will make everything outside a tribe zone public...like felled trees, resources gathered placed out of tribe zones, and bins etc placed outside tribe zone. So only tribe zones will have anything other than public, and only members of the tribe will benefit, but I could be wrong.....guess we'll need clarification :unsure:

Making everything out side of tribe areas Public permissions makes total since. But some people like to play mmorpgs solo....

So if that is the case then it just makes solo play a bit more interesting.

I was just wondering and making a point is all..

The original plan was to allow solo players to use tribe villages as a base, the same as you'd use an npc town in a typical mmorpg. This isn't fully set up but we're headed in this direction.

The plan for now is to allow tribes to designate certain buildings for public use. In those buildings players can place and lock down objects. The tribe would be able to block enemies, foes or players from an opposite alignment from using these areas.

The first things I will free up in public are resources. I'll allow solo players to lock down containers still until we finish implementing the 'public' areas within tribe zones.

Many players have requested that solo players can claim a small homestead. I'm planning on this as well, but it won't be until after the Prelude has started.

I like the sound of "public areas" within tribe zones, but most guilds usually like to strike up agreements for housing people that are not a member of their guild. So will there be some sort of mechanic to accompany this to charge a player for the use of said areas, or would the tribe leader have the ability to evict players if they are not wanted for one reason or another.

The ability to evict would mean that if a person hasn't honored an agreement, then the leader of said tribe zone would have the means to right it. Of course, doing this manually, would then allow the tribe leader to be dishonest, but I guess one would need to weigh up weather they would prefer an agreement that would profit them, or rip someone off of 1 payment with an unjust eviction.

Hey guys, just reviewed this posting and wont include it in the official suggestions list as it sort of is included in the game (or plans to be).

Thanks for the suggestion, and hope to see other creative ideas.