Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chests

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chests

Yesterday I was thinking of a way to stop people from making 100s of bags that they can place with no risk of losing the items inside it only takes 20 seconds to make another bag, I thought of chests every character should get one 50? slot chest that can be upgraded to 100? using carpentry that only they can use that has a lock on it, if you drop the chest inside a tribe zone the tribe leader can decide to break the lock and other people can loot it then after 24 hours the chest would be destroyed, if you want to move the chest it would break the lock on the old chest then other people can loot it after 24 hours it would be destroyed. ALL containers and bags should be loot-able even inside tribe zones.

http://img84.imageshack.us/f/uglyn.jpg/ idk what happend to the quality

what do you guys think / what would you change?

Re:Chests

Canadian wrote:
    ALL containers and bags should be loot-able even inside tribe zones.
    From the Xsyon Features page :
    Player owned protected housing.
    Player owned protected storage.
    So no, they shouldn't be lootable.

Inside the tribe zone I think permissions are working really well now. I agree though that tribe leaders should be able to ‘break the locks’ on stuff but right now only Guides can do that. Also like Jadzia alluded to, player owned protected housing will clean up a lot of the bags.

Now outside the tribe area, logs, bags, and just about anything else should be have no permissions assigned.

Now outside the tribe area, logs, bags, and just about anything else should be have no permissions assigned
    Yes, now that tribes permissions are set up, I will soon free up the permissions on things outside of tribe zones.

Xsyon wrote:
    Now outside the tribe area, logs, bags, and just about anything else should be have no permissions assigned
    Yes, now that tribes permissions are set up, I will soon free up the permissions on things outside of tribe zones.
    Free up permissions outside of tribe zones? What does that mean? No private and friend permissions any longer?

If this is the case, aren't you being a bit hard on those that may want to play solo?

gremrod wrote:
    Xsyon wrote:
    Free up permissions outside of tribe zones? What does that mean? No private and friend permissions any longer?

If this is the case, aren't you being a bit hard on those that may want to play solo?
    Jooky said somewhere that at some point he will work on a special totem for those that just want to solo.

These totems will not have the full powers like that of a tribe totem but I imagine item protection would be 1 of them

In the future I believe everything will be lootable, even things inside locked houses etc.

So if your not online for say a few hours to a few days, you could come back and all your stuff is gone?

I play solo and i'd like it if there wern't permissions just hide your bags

bad idea would generate too many winers

Canadian wrote:
    I play solo and i'd like it if there wern't permissions just hide your bags
    The game is tribal based, not solo based. If you want to solo, go play Fallout New Vegas or something, it's made for soloers. This is a mmorpg based on tribes, i hope you get ganked.