Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re:We've talked about trade routes... what if

Good job Tredo for explaining the reason why we need trade routes

Canadian wrote:
    tredo wrote:
    If your tribe discovers an Iron Ore deposit, and another discovers a Tin deposit, and you need Tin and Iron to make Bronze, and Bronze being stronger then both Tin or Iron, wouldn't you want to set up a trade so that you could trade some Iron for Tin and vis-versa in order to make some Bronze goods? This is of course just an example but you get my meaning.
    I guess but you would have to be really sneaky, if you use a path it would be easy to find you plus with so many members in your tribe I could setup deals with people to tell me where you guys are and you'll never know who told me but gl with the trade routes
    I think you just explain it very well why trade routes are very fun.

You will always be wondering if goods will make it or not. SO if it is something worth a lot you better work as a tribe/team to make sure it makes home etc.

Exactly my point, there are so many ways to look at something in this game.

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no spoon.

There is no spoon?

Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

tredo wrote:
    What if, much like building roads, or trails from tribal area to tribal area. How cool would it be to build a rail system, you would not have to have steam engines you could have carts that are man powered to move goods from one area to another, you could even build a rail to the forest to move logs, or an area where there was a mine of ore. Once animals become tame, you could get a horse or cow to pull the cart along the rail.
    Canadian wrote:
    I guess but you would have to be really sneaky, if you use a path it would be easy to find you plus with so many members in your tribe I could setup deals with people to tell me where you guys are and you'll never know who told me but gl with the trade routes
    Venciera wrote:
    As the world expands in size I can see this becoming more practical. Not sure if Xsyon will have mounts, but I'd love to see horse drawn wagons I suppose it will, but sometimes i feel like the current world space is too small and tribes will be shoulder to shoulder. Perhaps the distance is just right though.
    tredo I hope in the years to come that this world would become some part steampunk where science and magic work together. I am hoping this game will be my MMOG home for a good many years. So I don't want to rush to much in to fast. I do love your idea and hope that we will at some point see something like this in-game.

Canadian I'm sure that most every tribe has some idea's about needing guards, Are something like guards to be running around the transporter(s) as they are in route. So unless you are talking a tribal size hit, I'm sure most will make there destination with out losing any cargo.

Venciera Jordi has all ready said that we will start getting more land added after we start Prelude. And yea right now it does feel cramped but this is more for testing I think than any thing. If you have not, Take a run into the green fog, and after you die, Keep running into it. You will see that there is already a ton of land out there that we just never see.

This game won't have an economy. You guys are getting carried away. Play Wurm if you want to see what kind of economy exists in a game with a tiny population.

Cunk wrote:
    This game won't have an economy. You guys are getting carried away. Play Wurm if you want to see what kind of economy exists in a game with a tiny population.
    I don't think it will have an economy. But I do think it will have barter system of trade.

Unless every tribe is self efficient in every aspect then maybe there will not even be trading. \\o/

gremrod wrote:
    Cunk wrote:
    I don't think it will have an economy. But I do think it will have barter system of trade.

Unless every tribe is self efficient in every aspect then maybe there will not even be trading. \\o/
    Well, that's what I mean. Every tribe will probably be self sufficient. Unless they implement localized resources but even then they have to make sure those resources are actually coveted by those that don't have control over them.

I agree with this trade route idea.

what about this resource totems... a second or third totem covers a very small area witch allows you to secure 1-2 resource fields, say there are 10-12 different kinds resource fields...farming fields, copper mine, gold mine, silver mine, tin mine, iron mine ect.

this would help make a trade system and routes possible getting the raw resource back to the village and sending some to other villages to help out or trade with.

aliksteel wrote:
    Jordi has all ready said that we will start getting more land added after we start Prelude. And yea right now it does feel cramped but this is more for testing I think than any thing. If you have not, Take a run into the green fog, and after you die, Keep running into it. You will see that there is already a ton of land out there that we just never see.
    Yeah I recently walked to the top of a high mountain and saw a lot of rugged terrain off into the distance. Seeing that makes the world feel enormous. One of the chief complaints I had about Mortal Online was how small the world felt. Which was in part due to how they designed it. Everything was very open, and you almost always had some land mark to guide you back, but also because the world is too small (technical limitation I believe). So its very encouraging to see that.

So i can totally see where a train might be really cool.