Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re:We've talked about trade routes... what if

If your tribe discovers a Copper deposit, and another discovers a Tin deposit, and you need Tin and Copper to make Bronze, and Bronze being stronger then both Tin or Copper alone, wouldn't you want to set up a trade so that you could trade some Copper for Tin and vis-versa in order to make some Bronze goods? This is of course just an example but you get my meaning.

tredo wrote:
    If your tribe discovers an Iron Ore deposit, and another discovers a Tin deposit, and you need Tin and Iron to make Bronze, and Bronze being stronger then both Tin or Iron, wouldn't you want to set up a trade so that you could trade some Iron for Tin and vis-versa in order to make some Bronze goods? This is of course just an example but you get my meaning.
    I guess but you would have to be really sneaky, if you use a path it would be easy to find you plus with so many members in your tribe I could setup deals with people to tell me where you guys are and you'll never know who told me but gl with the trade routes

Canadian wrote:
    tredo wrote:
    If your tribe discovers an Iron Ore deposit, and another discovers a Tin deposit, and you need Tin and Iron to make Bronze, and Bronze being stronger then both Tin or Iron, wouldn't you want to set up a trade so that you could trade some Iron for Tin and vis-versa in order to make some Bronze goods? This is of course just an example but you get my meaning.
    I guess but you would have to be really sneaky, if you use a path it would be easy to find you plus with so many members in your tribe I could setup deals with people to tell me where you guys are and you'll never know who told me but gl with the trade routes
    I think you just explain it very well why trade routes are very fun.

You will always be wondering if goods will make it or not. SO if it is something worth a lot you better work as a tribe/team to make sure it makes home etc.

Exactly my point, there are so many ways to look at something in this game.

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

What truth?

There is no spoon.

There is no spoon?

Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Good job Tredo for explaining the reason why we need trade routes

tredo wrote:
    If your tribe discovers a Copper deposit, and another discovers a Tin deposit, and you need Tin and Copper to make Bronze, and Bronze being stronger then both Tin or Copper alone, wouldn't you want to set up a trade so that you could trade some Copper for Tin and vis-versa in order to make some Bronze goods? This is of course just an example but you get my meaning.
    I am hoping the game turns out this way. Currently I do see some "rarer" resources (tar fields, others???), but there doesn't seem to be a reason to trade right now. Like Cunk said, each tribe can be self-sufficient atm.

I would think that most basic recipes would only require generic materials. However, I would like for the game to develop into something like you describe. Not to the point where one tribe can monopolize a specific resource, but definitely make some resources much rarer than others...

This would have to happen after the prelude period once these new resources are discovered. It'll be an interesting time to see it develop.