Thread: Tar...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tar...

I noticed ya'll created tar for the first time...
    Only question is why is it only near where Shin camps and Avalon? I do a trek of the landscape and so far the only tar thats been spawned is smack in the zone the head tribe will be..
    Got nothing against Shin, but ive scaled the highest ridges and even at a distance I can see the black of tar...I've only seen it in the Shin newbie zone....tar looks like a black streek on grey when yer up high, foresters.
    Or is this an add on the joke when you encourage people to expand outward but require them to use trash...There are many great zones, very beautiful, very economic....all useless...everything in this game revolves aroud trash...
    theres no reason and its stupid to go up in the hills.. even if yer a bonecrafter you need to go back to trash for screws and LC's straps..
    There's no expansion... i've roamed Tahoe and aside the newbie zones, theres no trash....hows a tribe based one LC's BC's WC's and Carps supposed to survive out of an area that has only grass and trees.
    Even Avalon looks sweet but there arent even trees on it..
    I mean COME ON..if yer making a resource craft game....at least make the resources attainable after you grow up....SWG: example.

Re: Tar...

I've found trash piles all over the place. In fairly isolated locations.

Re:Tar...

Risk wrote:
    I noticed ya'll created tar for the first time...
    Only question is why is it only near where Shin camps and Avalon? I do a trek of the landscape and so far the only tar thats been spawned is smack in the zone the head tribe will be..
    Got nothing against Shin, but ive scaled the highest ridges and even at a distance I can see the black of tar...I've only seen it in the Shin newbie zone....tar looks like a black streek on grey when yer up high, foresters.
    Or is this an add on the joke when you encourage people to expand outward but require them to use trash...There are many great zones, very beautiful, very economic....all useless...everything in this game revolves aroud trash...
    theres no reason and its stupid to go up in the hills.. even if yer a bonecrafter you need to go back to trash for screws and LC's straps..
    There's no expansion... i've roamed Tahoe and aside the newbie zones, theres no trash....hows a tribe based one LC's BC's WC's and Carps supposed to survive out of an area that has only grass and trees.
    Even Avalon looks sweet but there arent even trees on it..
    I mean COME ON..if yer making a resource craft game....at least make the resources attainable after you grow up....SWG: example.
    Its an evolutionary process, perhaps the trash piles will only be used for a short period of time, then such items will no longer be required.

Also, you can scavenge anywhere, you don't have to be on a junk pile to do it.

A basketry crafter, leather crafter and a bone crafter, aside from screws can do everything in the mountains. So just 3 people can be pretty self sufficient away from the junk piles, especially when you get your scavenge skill to 100. You can find screws anywhere really, its random. And like Cunk said, you can find junk piles anywhere. I found one above 700m that was only 2 tiles x 1 tile. Was not very big at all, and could only pull mats from it, and could only scavenge on it after each timer expired. No room to move around and look.

head tribe? did i miss something?

currently nothing requires tar

aye atm there is no need for tar, but it was created for one purpose...construction...
    It will be a hot commodity and still after searching is only visable at one spot...aside from Avalon.

No black steaks in any other area...kinda remember the sand problem...all sand origionaly was based around the main tribes...Quit working on the person and work on the Community Jordi, we might get more than 10 people on mid wipe..hehe

Not really sure about construction and tar... I rolled 4 or 5 architects while we could just to see the recipes. Not a single one of the 15 or so different recipes required tar, so construction requiring tar is incorrect from what I saw.

No black steaks in any other area...kinda remember the sand problem...all sand origionaly was based around the main tribes...
    The terrain artist who placed tar pits has no idea where tribes play or don't play. Tar was not supposed to be placed at all at this point, and it won't be used in construction for a while.

I've taken a note of this and tar will be either available in more areas or removed from the starting zones. We'll see.

tredo wrote:
    Not really sure about construction and tar... I rolled 4 or 5 architects while we could just to see the recipes. Not a single one of the 15 or so different recipes required tar, so construction requiring tar is incorrect from what I saw.

really...you rolled an construction toon even before they were offered? or was it the notice of tar, and Shells in sand that got ya excited...

Before we go all willy nilly, should I help yer clan with sand/ shells, or teeth in animals....or Gold in Basalt...wait yer just angree...im keeping that last one for me...