Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Change your tools to weapons

Coming from darkfall you learn soon enough you can be jumped at any time any moment of the day and I wanne be ready for it. I was fishing and I thought... what if I get jumped now by someone? I would like to have my combatknife in my hand. To equip it, I need to go all the way to my inventory and equip my weapon there. Is there a faster way to change to different tools or to your weapons? Are there any plans to implement this?

Re:Change your tools to weapons

Well in real life, if u fishing, and someone comes from behind? what do u do?. u run and scream lol

Well I think it would be nice to press a hot key, and it should change the item in your hands to new item saved in hot key.

i think i good way to do this would be to allow a hotkey for this but when its used the tool the person was using gets dropped,
    and maybe add it as a skill and once you get it up high enough you can just switch between weapons and tools fast without dropping it

Well, if you want to compair it in real life, that depends on the person, and where the person lives. In my case I would be a little surprised there. But when I would in some place where I can expect it, I would be prepared for it and at least have a weapon somewhere I can reatch fast.

Maybe when you set yourself in combatstance, you switch automaticly to weapons or something like that but make it take a bit before you are in that stance like two seconds ed the time to put your stuff away and unsheat your weapons

Chade wrote:
    Well, if you want to compair it in real life, that depends on the person, and where the person lives. In my case I would be a little surprised there. But when I would in some place where I can expect it, I would be prepared for it and at least have a weapon somewhere I can reatch fast.

Maybe when you set yourself in combatstance, you switch automaticly to weapons or something like that but make it take a bit before you are in that stance like two seconds ed the time to put your stuff away and unsheat your weapons

I like that idea.....maybe have two selected areas that would auto equip, depending on type of weapon and if you dual or single wield.

Illmaculate wrote:
    Or, similar to darkfall, you can bind shortcuts from your hotbar to certain keys, and make it so weapons/tools can be placed on hotbars to be bound.

Say, my weapon is placed in hotbar slot one, I could simply bind hotbar slot one to, for example, 'T'. If I need to quickly switch to weapon, regardless of which hotbar I'm on, I'd just press 'T' and it changes.
    yeah, this sounds the easiest to program, and would work basically the same as chade's example.

Or you can just kill them with your fishing pole...tested on a few bears and can still kill them just as fast with a fishing pole as i can with a shovel, or barehands, or any weapon I've held to date...

the secret is hitting H when someone comes near ya to stop whatever action your currently in.

Risk wrote:
    Or you can just kill them with your fishing pole...tested on a few bears and can still kill them just as fast with a fishing pole as i can with a shovel, or barehands, or any weapon I've held to date...

the secret is hitting H when someone comes near ya to stop whatever action your currently in.
    Wow, I hope they balance out weapon/tool damage before prelude. It would be embarrassing launching the game when a fishing rod can do the same damage as a bat or an axe.

Lol Lol. The problem is this. When you equip anything in your hand, and then go to combat mode. It doesnt matter what is in your hand, it still uses bare barehands mode. Thats why u can kill with fishing rod, shovel etc....

Its pretty funny to be able to kill a bear with a fishing rod, hehe.

A solution can be if every item we can wield in game had an attack bonus. So if you wield an axe you get +20 attack bonus, if you wield a fishing rod you get -20, bare handed is 0. In this way tools can have attack bonus too, like a pickaxe or a shovel, the ones that could work well as a weapon.