Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: play darkfall!!

Re: play darkfall!!

rbodenmann wrote:
    "All players should be able to build a home in a true sandbox"

I agree.
    This will be worked on at a later date.
    Will every item (tent, shack, fence, wall, teepee, or whatever else is in the architect recipes) have to be placed / dropped on tribal land?

For now, yes.

I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.

Virtus wrote:
    and them come back and praise the amazing game called Xsyon
    can't praise something we have not played yet so get busy!! So we can play it!!

LOL j/k man keep up the good work.

Virtus wrote:
    rbodenmann wrote:
    "All players should be able to build a home in a true sandbox"

I agree.
    This will be worked on at a later date.
    Will every item (tent, shack, fence, wall, teepee, or whatever else is in the architect recipes) have to be placed / dropped on tribal land?

For now, yes.

I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.

No houses for soloer plaeyrs until later, well I guess I will play later then!!

Virtus wrote:
    I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.[/b]
    I actually believe this is how it should be. If you want to build away from a tribe as solo, then you shouldnt get tribe feature of safety. People will actually have to find your place to destroy it first, and there will be that type of player looking to do just that, but they will be causing havoc as best they can to everyone. But as a solo player...just as a lone individual in RL.....you run the risk of greater danger if found.

Not to mention, preventing people from building in areas will be a way for tribes to assert their dominance over lands they intend to expan upon etc.

If you're a solo player, you can make friends with a tribe and possible ask them for help in keeping you safe, or allowing you to build on land close to them, that they may consider their area of control...possibly for a fee. This would give the tribe a minor income and also give them an additional area of responsibility/control, as well as a possible additional fighter, should the tribe be attacked.(think feudal society)

I agree with Deacon. We should be able to modify terrain outside of tribe areas and people should be able to destroy it if they choose to. Limiting where players can build means we won't have things like player built roads.
    I think you need some kind of a decay system where things fall apart unless they're maintained though. Otherwise the world will become very cluttered.