Thread: Hiding

Hiding

Having done a bit of research and testing on hiding i've come to the conclusion its very easy to raise, it's a macro'ers dream currently and this type of skill will always be one of the first skills a player will raise in a pvp environment.

I personally think a better way to raise hiding is passively as your character ages, this prevents someone going to bed with a script running and then waking up with a high hiding skill.

Re:Hiding

Vandali wrote:
    Having done a bit of research and testing on hiding i've come to the conclusion its very easy to raise, it's a macro'ers dream currently and this type of skill will always be one of the first skills a player will raise in a pvp environment.

I personally think a better way to raise hiding is passively as your character ages, this prevents someone going to bed with a script running and then waking up with a high hiding skill.
    as much as I agree with you, the problem is that if you do that with hiding then we could just say that all skills should be over time and not by doing.

The only way to really fix macro'ing is by making it so that you don't need to macro. One good way of doing this is by offering skill books that you can read when you are not playing the game, thus allowing you to raise skills when you are not playing.

All games like this that have you raise skills by doing something are going to be plagued by people who macro- the best way to counter it is by prevention.

I certainly wouldn't want to see lots of skills raise passively, but important skills that really effect pvp are ones to be wary of as they can quickly unbalance a game in favour of hardcore gamers and macro'ers.

There is another thread that talks about hiding leveling and i'd agree with what was mentioned there in getting rid of hiding competely in favour of something else, maybe something along the lines of craftable camouflage armour that hides you to a certain extent, but offers less protections.

Please use the search feature in the futre, a simple search of hiding brought up this:

http://www.xsyon.com/forums/42-tweak...velling-hiding

Thanks

Virtus what, pointing to an old thread wont help this topic... wake up and smell a mmo that needs help.

Vandali wrote:
    Virtus what, pointing to an old thread wont help this topic... wake up and smell a mmo that needs help.
    An old thread? A week old thread is old and out of date now is it? I think there's only one here that needs to wake up, actually two... Instead of duping threads, add your input to the existing thread that everyone else has managed to use. Seriously.