Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The game is really empty.

So, I was running around for about an hour and I didn't run into any npcs. In fact, all the times I logged in with different characters and explored there was nothing. Are they going to turn up the creature density?

Re:The game is really empty.

What area are you exploring?

Right now critters are placed manually so sometimes a region gets farmed out before the Guides replenish it.

mrcalhou wrote:
    So, I was running around for about an hour and I didn't run into any npcs. In fact, all the times I logged in with different characters and explored there was nothing. Are they going to turn up the creature density?
    there are no npc's - the game is still in development, pre-order gives you early access- however the problem right now is you need all skills available to do anything,- and since 1 person can't have all skills it makes it hard to test things.

KeithStone wrote:
    there are no npc's

Think he is talking about NPC animals.
    “Are they going to turn up the creature density?”

where you searching at? i haven't had any problems finding creatures hell i've been killed several times in last or so by packs of them.... except the black bear it seems to solo slap me around like a lil school girl.

Seriously mate, explore the game before you make a thread with the title you have, this kinda threads need putting down swiftly.

Vandali wrote:
    Seriously mate, explore the game before you make a thread with the title you have, this kinda threads need putting down swiftly.
    I'm glad you have a little bit of reading ability. Now, would you kindly read the body?

mrcalhou wrote:
    one of the devs said there are over 2k critters in the game.

KeithStone wrote:
    mrcalhou wrote:
    one of the devs said there are over 2k critters in the game.
    I'm pretty sure that the animal AI has been turned on. What this means is that just because they spawn in one zone at the edge of the lake lets say... they may wonder to the top of a hill 3 zones away. The animals will depict near real life natural instinct to move, feed, hunt, drink, and socialize. Over 2000 in game, I would buy that, standing around waiting for you to come get them... don't count on it.

What they said.

If your really unlucky like a few of my clan mates, you can run for 2 hours and not see a single animal. Yet, at times, you can walk right outside of your mud fort and get mauled to death by a bear.