Thread: Donkey Taming

Donkey Taming

I was trying to think of something that should be really simple for moving large amounts of trade goods.

There's already going to be taming, and we can already make and wear pouches to hold things.

I was thinking it might be simple code wise to put it together with donkeys.

1. You tame a donkey
    2. Craft a pouch specific for donkeys/horses that can hold more weight with more item slots. There could be 2-4 places to attach these pouches.
    3. This part would be optional, but there could be a saddle type craft that needs to be attached to the animal first that gives you pouch slots. Depending on what type of saddle the animal is wearing would determine how many pouches can be attached.
    4. You right click the animal and select attach pouch, you have to have an animal type pouch in your pack.

I'm not sure what kind of animal taming commands there are going to be, but if you could do this then we would be able to tell the animal to follow, and we could lead them back to wherever we want them to go. Or, we would just ride the animal back to where we are going if there are not going to be follow type commands. The idea ist o keep it as simple as possible using most of the mechanics that our already coded.

This would give us a way to transport large amounts of wood, rock, etc without having to come up with things that are not already being used code wise.

Suggestion not added to list as other 'animal carts' ideas have been posted ~ KiwiBird

Re: Donkey Taming

Good idea, but I would prefer to see horse or oxen drawn carts.

I wouldnt worry about what is easy or hard to code, Im sure the devs are capable.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Good idea, but I would prefer to see horse or oxen drawn carts.

I wouldnt worry about what is easy or hard to code, Im sure the devs are capable.
    I'm not worried about it being hard to code for the long term. I'm tyring to suggest something that would be easy to implement ASAP.

I want to move my tribe up into the mountains, only problem is that all the junk piles are by the lake. We need a decent way to move resources or it just won't be worth the hassle.

In the long term I'd love to see horse drawn wagons, but for now if they could find something simple that works with what they already have then there's a better chance of getting it in sooner.

Wouldnt the quickest fix then be to simply add more junk heaps inland away from the lake?

Kinslayer wrote:
    Wouldnt the quickest fix then be to simply add more junk heaps inland away from the lake?
    yup- but that's not the fastest way to get a better way to move more resources at one time. I want to be able to do large trades, also I believe in regional resources. It would be great for the towns around the lake to move goods to towns further away for trade.

In the mountains there's lots of rock,minerals (I found quartz, so there may be more types), trees, etc- lots of good natural resources. Most people are setting their tribes up around the lake where there's less natural resources and more junk piles. The competetion for those resources around the lake area is going to be fairly high, which would make for higher prices to sell to tribes up in the mountains. The tribes in the mountains would be able to sell lots of wood to the areas around the lakes, but not if you have to carry 1 log at a time.