Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re:Magic but no guns?

aliksteel wrote:
    Misleading?
    So every thing that is in concept art should be in game?
    Come on, I know you want guns in the game, But pointing to this one concept art is not the best way to try and get what you want.
    And I really don't think you are missing the meaning of the word "Concept", And thats all this was.
    now you are misleading yourself.

I never said i was trying to get guns added to the game.

My only argument is that it's misleading by having artwork that depects how the game will be with guns in the artwork. Concept or not, if you show guns people are only naturally going to think there are guns in this game.

also,

Virtus made a comment that I quoted in my last post that led me to also beelive that guns would be in the game. - he's an employee!

In the long run it would be better to take out artwork that is misleading like the one with the chick holding the gun.

My only argument is that it's misleading by having artwork that depects how the game will be with guns in the artwork. Concept or not, if you show guns people are only naturally going to think there are guns in this game.

also,

Virtus made a comment that I quoted in my last post that led me to also beelive that guns would be in the game. - he's an employee!

In the long run it would be better to take out artwork that is misleading like the one with the chick holding the gun.
    I agree, the misleading artworks should be removed to avoid misunderstanding.

Still, the homepage of this site clearly describes the game as a no-technology, kind of low-fantasy one, and even if you can see guns on the artworks that doesn't mean those guns work, what if someone found them while scavanging and wearing it only because it looks cool.

Virtus isn't a developer (I'm not sure if he is an employee or a volunteer forum admin), and he often declared that he doesn't know every aspects of the game. In the post you quoted he started with this sentence:
    I think you will start to find guns a bit after prelude has ended, maybe.
    Now this doesn't sound like an official confirmation for me.

So you are saying anything that is not in game should be out of any art work. So the ones with cars, The one when you start up the game that has the satellite dish in it. I just don't get it, If your not after having guns in the game. What is the big deal. The art work has been there for over 6months, And this is the first time I have heard any one care about it. And that was REV being pissy, He does that from time to time.

Well that's it for me seriously , not playing a shamanic based game with religion. I'm leaving that for the christian tradeskillers that are turning this game into a safe heaven since the start. I'm outta here for real this time. I don't want a refund but i sure got scammed with those concept arts showing pistols , rifles and that satellite dish.

I guess i had high hopes for this game but it's gonna turn out into a carebear paradise , no risk and probably the worst combat system in a mmo i have ever seen. I guess they were too busy listening to all the customers that want this game to be solo friendly and crafting only game. This game is truly for people who are scared of pvp and combat.

Adios culeros , i am never coming back here.

Don't know about the pre-orders. So I won't take a stand on that.

But I do know that combat is quite new and that this is open-pvp and it will have a good or evil system with wars between empires. So I hardly see his problem. What did I say about high hopes = bad. What is good is that the developers are actually listening to the community.
    You know how freaking rare that is? I tested Starcraft 2 all through the beta - I never saw one shitty personal post from the team behind it. Appreciate what you got and contribute constructively instead of whine and threats.

Concept is still what it is. Ideas. Or more preciely put by a friend of mine that draws comics for a magazine concept art is just what it would look like if it was perfect.
    That gives them every right to withdraw any whatsoever details on 'em and fashion that concept into something they think is appropriate. Deal with it. It is normal.

Screenshots showing burnt out cars is another thing though . Bad idea. But they could make it into the game in teh future perhaps when we discover more of the world !

aliksteel wrote:
    REVKhA wrote:
    No plans for guns = no hope for me. Have fun guys... signing out.
    Sorry to hear you are leaving the game REVkha.
    PARTY!!!
    One annoying individual *volunteered to not say bad things anymore in forum* GONE! Just two more who I will keep un-named who are too scared to enter even on day one of reset..hyuck hyuck.

Shoot..it'd be even a good beta test on the combat system..me buck nekid against you two in duet...how's about it I!

You think he's gone?

lol

That's wishful thinking. This is the third time he's said he will quit the game.

Gamefreak wrote:
    You think he's gone?

lol

That's wishful thinking. This is the third time he's said he will quit the game.
    this thread really needs to be closed, xsyon already stated that what he meant was that guns won't be in right away.

Illmaculate wrote:
    They've mislead everyone from the get-go. Remember when the game was all set for launch last April and they started accepting pre-orders?
    Yeah, I remember. They were still going with that line, telling us that they only originally needed a 1 month delay, from April to May. Here we are, 7 months later, and it still isn't out. Just a little off there, huh?

It's not the only thing. Remember, we're not in a pay-to-play beta right now, this is "early access" that we've been enjoying. LOL.

Oh, and "Prelude" is essentially going to be a euphemism for "incomplete game at launch".

Regarding the lack of technology as the explanation for no guns, is there a magical rationale for why gunpowder no longer works?

SOFWarrior wrote:
    Illmaculate wrote:
    They've mislead everyone from the get-go. Remember when the game was all set for launch last April and they started accepting pre-orders?
    Yeah, I remember. They were still going with that line, telling us that they only originally needed a 1 month delay, from April to May. Here we are, 7 months later, and it still isn't out. Just a little off there, huh?

It's not the only thing. Remember, we're not in a pay-to-play beta right now, this is "early access" that we've been enjoying. LOL.

Oh, and "Prelude" is essentially going to be a euphemism for "incomplete game at launch".

Regarding the lack of technology as the explanation for no guns, is there a magical rationale for why gunpowder no longer works?
    Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that you magically don't have any gunpowder anymore and you've been born in a world where no-one can magically teach you how to make it?