Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re:Magic but no guns?

Well, I do not care if there is guns or not.

But I hope magic is not as important of a factor as it is in every other game. Why should there be people shooting fire or lightning at others when arrows do the same thing and make sense? Magic would be ok for me in a supportive role such as healing but I would prefer medicine or alchemy even

Airbornenik wrote:
    Well, I do not care if there is guns or not.

But I hope magic is not as important of a factor as it is in every other game. Why should there be people shooting fire or lightning at others when arrows do the same thing and make sense? Magic would be ok for me in a supportive role such as healing but I would prefer medicine or alchemy even
    I'd prefer to use magical healing, scientific medical healing, crossbows, shotguns, plasma rifles, and shooting lightning out my fingertips.

I like options.

Personally, I would hate to see magic in this game. Religion, yes, spiritualism, sure, but not magic. Keep healing to medics, or perhaps at first herbalists.

Though it will be a while before 'magic' is added, it's not planned as wizard type magic.

Magic will be tribal, religious and nature 'magic', more in line with D&D clerics and druids. I think I already said that.

Xsyon wrote:
    Though it will be a while before 'magic' is added, it's not planned as wizard type magic.

Magic will be tribal, religious and nature 'magic', more in line with D&D clerics and druids. I think I already said that.
    That's a relief.

Xsyon wrote:
    ...more in line with D&D clerics and druids. I think I already said that.
    Could someone please explain this to someone who has no idea when it comes to D&D?

You don't play pen and paper D&D? Kids these days...

Cleric and druid magic in D&D is mostly healing, defensive and things like changing the weather or moving without leaving a trace.

There are some combat spells as well, but the primary role is that of a healer.

aliksteel wrote:
    Sorry to hear you are leaving the game REVkha.

I was sad to hear that there will not be junk automobiles in game, But I'm not asking for the art work to be pulled.
    I'm glad there is no guns. I want a nice tribal type of game, not some FPS. However, automobiles wont be added? That sucks, would of been a nice decoration.

trenixdecease wrote:
    I want a nice tribal type of game, not some FPS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribes:_Vengeance