Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Magic but no guns?

Magic but no guns?

That's a huge disappointment, considering with got teased with the concept art, some of us joined for that exact reason.

No plans for guns = no hope for me. Have fun guys... signing out.

Re:Magic but no guns?

REVKhA wrote:
    Magic but no guns?

That's a huge disappointment, considering with got teased with the concept art, some of us joined for that exact reason.

I have to say that I agree with you.

however, this is in the 2nd paragraph on the main site that explains why it is this way.

Modern technology has consumed itself. War has ravaged the planet, opening a rift to another reality. The survivors of the grisly destruction rise from the ashes of ruin to encounter a world that has changed. A world that once existed only in the realm of mythology, legend and imagination has become concrete and very real. You have forgotten the past and are welcomed by a new primitive future.
    imo they should remove any concept art from the website that's going make people think this game is something that it's not. Putting up artwork that shows a modern weapon is kind of misleading.

You honestly expected guns in a world where all technology has succumbed?!
    - Technology, my 'friend', is also how to make the components. If all technology is destroyed all knowledge is destroyed. If all knowledge is destroyed then you cannot make the components until you have evolved so far that it is theoretically possible you know the secret behind gunmaking.

You don't build a gun, until you know the advanced knowledge of ballistic, you don't know the advanced knowledge of ballistics until you know the basics of ballistics, you don't know the basics of ballistics until you've thrown a spear or fired a bow.
    - Magic, however, regardless of its existence in the real world has 'existed' as long as man has built societies. Soothsayers, Witches, Clerics, Priests, holy men you name it. Most of the magic professions have been there (in some form) from the beginning man thought "what is the meaning of life" and it is still going strong in todays society. So a game without guns for now seems reasonable, a game without 'magic' seems to be less reasonable.

However, all that said, yes, concept art depicting guns are probably a bad idea.

But good, leave and don't come back, less whiners moar fun . It ain't a threat, more a relief I should think and if you -really- only joined because of guns I suggest you play a MODERN FPS they got guns.. (Omg!)
    - Next time at least bother to read a bit and have a good amount of realization and you might avoid annoyances like that information.

(Still laughing, a world without guns but with MAGIC!!! Yeah doh, the real world collided with the World (realm) of ideas/Gods/Mythology etc. Magic is to be expected. Technology was destroyed ie. guns and the knowledge of guns were destroyed).

REVKhA wrote:
    Magic but no guns?

Concept Art is by the way just that. A concept, an idea. Cool looking pictures of what you might see in-game but not necessarily something that will make it into the game.

Concept. Idea.. Thinking constructive. Think outside of the box and ffs don't get your hopes up, you'll just get disappointed.

all technology has succumbed... but there's a fucking satellite dish at the bottom of totems.

Why would you need guns if you can shoot fireballs out of your arse?

Derek wrote:
    Why would you need guns if you can shoot fireballs out of your arse?
    It's called diversity of content

REVKhA wrote:
    Sorry to hear you are leaving the game REVkha.

I was sad to hear that there will not be junk automobiles in game, But I'm not asking for the art work to be pulled.

It was the feature list that made me want to play the game, Not the art.

you guys can say whatever you want, or try to act as cool about it as you want.

If you put guns in the artwork of the game you are going to make people think that there are going to be guns in the game.

how can you argue that?

I read the feature list as well, but even virtus made a post talking about how guns would be rare in this game- he's an employee!

QUOTE FROM VIRTUS

They will be very rare to find so don't expect everyone to have one and if your worried about getting shot while you use a spear don't forget ammo will be very limited.
    if you don't want more people being dissapointed about something not being in the game then remove the misleading information.

it's misleading no matter how you put it.

Misleading?
    So every thing that is in concept art should be in game?
    Come on, I know you want guns in the game, But pointing to this one concept art is not the best way to try and get what you want.
    And I really don't think you are missing the meaning of the word "Concept", And thats all this was.