Virtus wrote:
Xsyon wrote:
I originally planned to allow building outside tribe lands, but it would cause too many problems (imagine waking up to a wall built around your city for example). If I allow buildings to be destroyed if built on non tribal land, someone will destroy them right away. I have some future ideas for all of this, including small homesteads for solo players, but this will evolve with the game.
I actually believe this is how it should be. If you want to build away from a tribe as solo, then you shouldnt get tribe feature of safety. People will actually have to find your place to destroy it first, and there will be that type of player looking to do just that, but they will be causing havoc as best they can to everyone. But as a solo player...just as a lone individual in RL.....you run the risk of greater danger if found.

Not to mention, preventing people from building in areas will be a way for tribes to assert their dominance over lands they intend to expan upon etc.

If you're a solo player, you can make friends with a tribe and possible ask them for help in keeping you safe, or allowing you to build on land close to them, that they may consider their area of control...possibly for a fee. This would give the tribe a minor income and also give them an additional area of responsibility/control, as well as a possible additional fighter, should the tribe be attacked.(think feudal society)