Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re:Patch or update?

I played FoM for a little while, and I really like many of the concepts FoM employs. However it seriously lacks content and the maps are poorly designed. There aren't enough players to interact with on most maps, and very few NPCs. They have added in NPC quests, but I prefer the player made quests :P Even if they are boring, or difficult I feel like I'm contributing something to the cause. Aside from that I had fun. Especially during a war it was lots of fun. At times I've thought of returning, but I'm waiting for some awesome feature that will pique my interest again.

Oh, I remember it clearly being a detective, then superintendent of the Law Enforcement Department, just constantly making sure there're missions for people to join. When they added the automated patrol creation, that was very nice, but still had it's quirks.

Even then, since the mission and grouping system was not completely transparent, I feel like there're was still a large population that did not participate in the community.

That should be a very difficult problem for Xsyon to solve as it stands right now, the community aspect is not completely transparent and the world is empty.

Re: Patch or update?

Diocletian wrote:
    Well I am going to derail this thread, but as it turns out, in the early days, FoM would be the best example of the fail player driven quest system can be, especially when no one is around to create them, to the dismay of everyone else.
    actually, that was the first thing I looked at- and there were tons of player made quests.

there are lots of people running around in all the zones- I've been getting killed everywhere I go lol.

Re: Patch or update?

This depends on how recently in history you played. By early days i mean circa 2005.

Diocletian wrote:
    Oh, I remember it clearly being a detective, then superintendent of the Law Enforcement Department, just constantly making sure there're missions for people to join. When they added the automated patrol creation, that was very nice, but still had it's quirks.

Even then, since the mission and grouping system was not completely transparent, I feel like there're was still a large population that did not participate in the community.

That should be a very difficult problem for Xsyon to solve as it stands right now, the community aspect is not completely transparent and the world is empty.
    most people don't like the idea of a paid to play beta, and that's basically what's going on with xsyon. I think once the game launches things will start to pickup. If these guys can find the balance between the RPG fans and the FPS fans they will do really well. From being over at darkfall since last year that's what everyone argues about on their forums. FPS players want pure skill and RPG players want player progression- the 2 genres are meeting together for the first time ever with these ffa open world real time combat games that have started to popup. I know ther's been a few out there for a while, but in last year they have really started to multiply.