Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Terraforming does it work

k asking this cause no matter where i go i can't terraform any were it just say's you can't do this here can't even make road and i have look for wide open spaces with lots of dirt but no where can i dig,flatten,clear or any thing. so wondering what i am doing wrong

Re:Terraforming does it work

Deadskull8 wrote:
    k asking this cause no matter where i go i can't terraform any were it just say's you can't do this here can't even make road and i have look for wide open spaces with lots of dirt but no where can i dig,flatten,clear or any thing. so wondering what i am doing wrong
    You can only terraform in tribal areas, about 100m around the tribe totem.

Edit: it has to be your own tribe's territory

really?? :dry:

And what if no one wants to have a clan?

I'll be on tomorrow morning at Round Hill if any one wants to mess around and create a new tribe. I'm not looking to make a tribe for release though so this will just be something to play with to see how the new tribe stuff works. My character is Drenlo and I'll be on some time around 10 AM EST -5 GMT. (I might be on as early as 9AM EST due to day light savings time.)

Pino wrote:
    really?? :dry:

And what if no one wants to have a clan?
    Yes, really...it is planned this way to avoid players messing up the whole landscape.

I can understand your concern though...its not an ideal design if solo players can't use every aspect of the game. I'd advise solo players to gather and form a tribe only for the purpose to have their own land where they can terraform and build, really just like a real village where people aren't too connected each others, they only live next door.

I dont like the idea either. You should be able to terraform anywhere, like in Wurm. Perhaps just make it harder to do, like higher levels needed for steeper slopes or something, and not allowed to terraform within 3 or so tiles of someone elses structure.

But once again... "sandbox" games should not be limited by game mechanics.

Okay...This I DON'T like. I can understand them not wanting us to mess up the landscape, but if it's that big of a deal then the playerbase will eventually regulate it. Terraforming can provide significant tactical advantanges to situations and I don't see why they should take that from us.

The world could also regenerate (Haven and Hearth)

ok how do i make a tribe cause i tried and every time i tried typing in a name, no text popped in the box just actions and char movement happened.

you need to have 5 people to create one.

After wipe I plan on making an open tribe for all.

Can you see the Xsyon Citizens forum?