Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Death

Death

your body becomes a ghost when you die and you have to wait ~20-30 sec before you are given a chance to re-enter the world again. I guess this allows you to put some distance between you and possbile griefers.

Is this only temporary or is it the system that will make it in the game itself?

Did you think at any of these situations?

* large fights will be impossible. people will be spawning all over the place and since people will be concentrated on killing eatchoter they are probbenly not beeing looted so they still have all there gear. Fight lasting forever?

* multiple targets attacking you, you manage to kill one great more chance to survive! but here the guy you killed will be spawning right next to you again before you even killed the second one. So its lost cause from start.

I can think of one thing at the moment. put everything in a corpse so the one beeing killed doesn't have gear on when he spawns. Appart from that I don't have any better idea and I consider it far from ideal.

Re: Death

I was cocerned about this also Chade. Being new here I searched death on the Forum. Hope you have some time ?

Xsyon wrote:
    Evil player will respawn back at their 'home' location, which will usually be their tribe location. Good and neutral players can respawn near their dead body. This is one of the consequences of being evil, intended to make things more of a challenge.
    So if you fight evil players, they won't come back in 30 seconds. If you are evil yourself, you will be the one who won't come back.

Here is a thread which explains death, its consequencies and looting in detail:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232

Honestly I think they should add another the possibility for neutral tribes to go either way. Good or evil.
    This would mean they could create bounties on Good players too (it would imitate a much better human society)

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Honestly I think they should add another the possibility for neutral tribes to go either way. Good or evil.
    This would mean they could create bounties on Good players too (it would imitate a much better human society)
    Why would you put a bounty on good people? If a person who starts as good aligned, but does bad things...like kill or steal, I'm guessing he/she will start to accumulate evil status which would make him/her target for bounty once a certain level of evil is reached.

And if you start out good aligned, and kill good people..even for a bounty, wont you start to become evil?

Deacon wrote:
    VeryWiiTee wrote:
    Why would you put a bounty on good people? If a person who starts as good aligned, but does bad things...like kill or steal, I'm guessing he/she will start to accumulate evil status which would make him/her target for bounty once a certain level of evil is reached.

And if you start out good aligned, and kill good people..even for a bounty, wont you start to become evil?
    Remember this game is sandbox, so if someone would want to place a bounty on a good player, for any reason, they should be able to.

Kinslayer wrote:
    Deacon wrote:
    VeryWiiTee wrote:

Remember this game is sandbox, so if someone would want to place a bounty on a good player, for any reason, they should be able to.
    I think Xsyon won't be a sandbox game by your definition...there will be coded rules.

ty kindly for reply jadiza, there is still a lot for me to read out here

Jadzia wrote:
    Kinslayer wrote:
    Deacon wrote:
    VeryWiiTee wrote:

I think Xsyon won't be a sandbox game by your definition...there will be coded rules.
    Thats not my definition of a sandbox, that is "the" definition of a sandbox. I dont know about everyone else, but Im tired of devs labelling their games sandbox, when their game doesnt even resemble a sandbox. It ends up a waste of my money cos devs dont sell their game for what it is.

Jadzia wrote:
    Xsyon wrote:
    Evil player will respawn back at their 'home' location, which will usually be their tribe location. Good and neutral players can respawn near their dead body. This is one of the consequences of being evil, intended to make things more of a challenge.
    So if you fight evil players, they won't come back in 30 seconds. If you are evil yourself, you will be the one who won't come back.

Here is a thread which explains death, its consequencies and looting in detail:
    http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232
    I dont think that link answers what the OP is wanting to discuss. Nothing in that post mentions spawning of the character after death.

Personally I feel that all characters should be bound to their tribe totem, this allows tribes that are being attacked to have an advantage, and it stops the attacker from merely re-spawning continuously and continuing the attack. If a tribes totem is under siege, perhaps they cant spawn there, and they need to spawn at the starter spawn spot.

Just remember that it wont just be good vs evil, so spawning needs to be looked at.