Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Xsyon Citizen

Pricing of the game in its current state?

I have tried to find conclusive information on the pricing of this game but did not find it (maybe I'm just too dense to understand it). So I'll try to find my answer on this general subforum.

While reading on the 'pre-order' page I read that the initial purchase price is some 40 US-dollar which gives you the right to download the current client and spend 30 days ingame.

Is it correct that one has to pay for each next month to continue playing? Or is this only the case once the game is out of beta/alpha/whatever testing?

Reason I ask is because I've read on this and other fora that the game is not nearly as 'complete' as is advertised on this website. I'm aware that small companies don't have enormous funds to keep at it until its really done (with this I mean that the product is as advertised).
    Still, paying a premium subscription for a game that is unstable/incomplete seems rather harsh and unrealistic and not something to look forward to for me (that is).

Having just endured a few months or Mortal Online (which is also advertised as a sandbox-type MMO) which wasn't finished still I'm wary to repeat a similar experience in Xsyon.

Thanks for your answers.

Re:Pricing of the game in its current state?

$39.99 is the price for Xsyon Prelude, which includes 2 months of game play after the official launch date and a week or two of early access which will begin with the final character wipe.

Subcriptions will be required after the 2 month free game play period.

You also get immediate access to the ongoing testing which is happening right now.

I hope that answers everything!

Xsyon Citizen

First off thank you for your answers.

What you wrote is clear from the moment the game is officially launched.

But can you also say what the current situation is?

Is the game now in a sort of beta stage?
    And does that mean that when I'd purchase the game via pre-order today that I wouldn't have to pay an subscription fee for as long as the game is not launched?

If so, can you give an estimate on how long the official launch is away from today?
    And lastly, you wrote that there will be a final character wipe. Does this also include a new (fresh/uninhabited) world?

What the current players are able to do is familiarize themselves with the gamemechanics, exploring the possible actions and build experience for themselves, is that correct?

The game has not launched yet.

Basically, paying for the pre-order gets you access to the beta part of the game.

I've been under the impression that the entire server will be wiped right before the game launches- pre-orders get a week or 2 head start.

About 80% of what's on the feature list is in the game or about to be in the game in the next few days. (there's a patch coming out very soon)

Like xsyon said, this game is still in development- but as far as "completeness" goes- there's lots of things in the game to do.

eric wrote:
    And does that mean that when I'd purchase the game via pre-order today that I wouldn't have to pay an subscription fee for as long as the game is not launched?

If so, can you give an estimate on how long the official launch is away from today?
    And lastly, you wrote that there will be a final character wipe. Does this also include a new (fresh/uninhabited) world?

What the current players are able to do is familiarize themselves with the gamemechanics, exploring the possible actions and build experience for themselves, is that correct?
    Yes, the game is currently in beta.

If you buy the game now, you don't have to pay anything till the launch, well actually till 2 months after the launch since the preorder comes with 2 months free gameplay (which starts after the official launch). I bought the game in April, and haven't payed a dime since then, still I can play/test it anytime.
    There will be a character/world wipe before the early access starts, so yes, it will be a fresh, uninhabited world. As far as I know players will be able to build villages during early access and those villages will stay in the game. (As Xsyon said early access is a 1-2 weeks long period before the launch).

Exactly, and they can help testing the game

eric wrote:
    Yes. I don't call it a 'beta', because beta implies a feature lockdown and the goal of a finished product. Xsyon is planned to constantly evolve, so it won't ever have either.

Yes, correct.

As soon as possible. The major features that need to be finished are the tribe rank and quest system. There are a few minor features that also need to be added.

I can't give a solid estimate. It could be another month or two. I hope not longer than that. We've had too many unexpected delays over the course of the year. I will announce the final wipe a few weeks ahead of time when I'm confident we are ready.

Yes and provide feedback. One of the main reasons the game has taken longer than expected to launch is that many things have been changed and added in response to player feedback.

eric , I bought in last week . Xsyon turned out to be what I've been looking for years. The current state of the game is quite enjoyable and I really feal like I'm part of something big. The dev team seems to be right on top of the situation. I would not hestitate to see if Xsyon is for you or not .

This game, the DEVS have seem to listen to testers more than most, I have tested about 200 games in my life and yes 200, I do it for aprt time job as well.

At any event find this company to listen to players more than most.. I also see it being a greta game to play once its done.

I have to agree, this is the most I have ever seen devs interact and actually use community feedback. I have been around for a few months now and still enjoy playing or testing things.

everyone seems to be posting here so I'm going to be cool and do it to!

Now for an excse ot creat this spam post...

Currently the game world is quiet because of the pending wipe for the next update which will include some fixes to major bugs and the long waited wait for construction.

However, once that is out I feel there will be a ton of people in game sorting out thier tribal areas. Even though the players now another wipe will be somewhere around the cornor they seem to be having fun with doing what is available (earth forts).