I have tried to find conclusive information on the pricing of this game but did not find it (maybe I'm just too dense to understand it). So I'll try to find my answer on this general subforum.

While reading on the 'pre-order' page I read that the initial purchase price is some 40 US-dollar which gives you the right to download the current client and spend 30 days ingame.

Is it correct that one has to pay for each next month to continue playing? Or is this only the case once the game is out of beta/alpha/whatever testing?

Reason I ask is because I've read on this and other fora that the game is not nearly as 'complete' as is advertised on this website. I'm aware that small companies don't have enormous funds to keep at it until its really done (with this I mean that the product is as advertised).
Still, paying a premium subscription for a game that is unstable/incomplete seems rather harsh and unrealistic and not something to look forward to for me (that is).

Having just endured a few months or Mortal Online (which is also advertised as a sandbox-type MMO) which wasn't finished still I'm wary to repeat a similar experience in Xsyon.

Thanks for your answers.