Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP rules

Re:PVP rules

Shrimps wrote:
    last I heard everything will be lootable only if you are at war with their tribe but only some items will be lootable if you are not. Don't know if it's changed or not.

Then theres different rules for being unconcious instead of dieing.

But I would agree that pvp death should make you spawn at starting location or totem Not sure about PVE though.

As for different respawn rules for different alignments I kinda like it, it means that there are different consequences for each alignment so not everyone will go evil because theres no reason not to.
    Still trying to figure out why a few people think that's a good idea. If that's how it was going to be, the devs might as well not allow mobs to damage anyone. The death would be 100% pointless.

Red, blue, green, purple... If you die, PvP or PvE, get sent back to your bind. Simple and foolproof. There is no need to reinvent the wheel when it already works in most games. The current mechanic is completely cheat-code and open to exploitation.

prokop15 wrote:
    Got a quote to support that? Pretty sure that's the opposite of what's been said.
    There you go:

Xsyon wrote:
    In the Prelude:

Unconsciousness results in very minor skill loss and in general the victor will be allowed to loot an item of choice as a reward for a fight well fought.

Death results in some stat and skill loss and allows the victor to fully loot the player. This is not without complications and consequences for the victor.
    Here is the thread (it should be a sticky IMO), it explains looting in details: http://xsyon.com/forums/28-features/...-decisions#232

I don't see the benefit of the current respawn system for the good and neutral players. Lets say a good player die in PvP. The PKer will probably fully loot him, and he will respawn at the same spot, with no armor, no weapon, no tools, half HP. He will have to go back to his home anyway to get new gear, so respawing where he died is more of a pain than an advantage.

I don't know what consequences will be there for PVE death (right now there isn't any as far as I know). If we will loose stuffs on PVE death too, then the situation is the same, the player has to go home to get new gear anyway. If there is no loss I agree with JCatano...why to have death implemented if there is nothing to lose. Death needs to have some consequences otherwise no one will care if he dies or not.

Perhaps a better advantage for good and neutral players could be an option to choose where to respawn, where he could choose not only his own tribe village, but all of the allied tribes' villages. This would give another reason to make allies.

I'm taking all of this into consideration. I'll make a few quick points.

- Players will experience a bit of stat / skill loss upon any death. This is the main consequence for dying. I could add some minor item loss when killed by a creature as well, but this is not worked out. There will be damage to your armor's duration.

- The reasoning behind allowing players to spawn near their current location is for players that want to explore the world or visit tribes rather than join them. (Tribes will be able to allow outsiders to use their facilities and totems). The option to respawn at your home location will most likely be added.

- I see suggestions to remove additional consequences for evil players, but not to exchange them with other consquences. I am open to suggestions on this. Playing evil should be a challenge. It should not be the easiest road for players to take.

Evil = already a challenge because good and neutral people will KOS them.

Stat loss should be bigger , but should never be permanent.

When you died in Neocron, you regained skilled slowly (SYNAPTIC IMPAIRMENT)

This is what this game needs, a % bar that goes down to 60 ish % when you die, it should take 5-10 minutes to be back at 100% profiency.

Permanent stat loss is just out of the question.

Respawning where you died is pretty bad, does not promote teamwork and proper survival teams. There should never be any options to spawn where you died... it does not make any sense.

Here is something for you to think about :

Evil = no locked quickslots (all lootable)

Neutral = 1 locked quickslot (1)

Good = 2 Locked quickslot (1 and 2)

Xsyon wrote:
    I'm taking all of this into consideration. I'll make a few quick points.

- Players will experience a bit of stat / skill loss upon any death. This is the main consequence for dying. I could add some minor item loss when killed by a creature as well, but this is not worked out. There will be damage to your armor's duration.

- The reasoning behind allowing players to spawn near their current location is for players that want to explore the world or visit tribes rather than join them. (Tribes will be able to allow outsiders to use their facilities and totems). The option to respawn at your home location will most likely be added.

- I see suggestions to remove additional consequences for evil players, but not to exchange them with other consquences. I am open to suggestions on this. Playing evil should be a challenge. It should not be the easiest road for players to take.
    Thanks for the info
    Will that stat/skill loss be permanent or temporary ? Temporary doesn't make much sense if the stat loss is the main death penalty. If a player can gather back his stats/skills in 5-10 mins then death won't worry him much.

If the stat loss is permanent, thats a good reason to avoid death, and in this case respawning at the same spot makes sense, especially if there is no stuffs loosing in case of PVE death. The option to respawn at home would be a good addition in the case of PvP (fully looted player). If the stat loss is permanent then I like the respawning at the same spot option, considering the travel times in Xsyon.

In the case of PvP only the evil players should loose stat/skill points IMO to avoid this :
    zeph wrote:
    This was one thing I really hated about Roma Victor.. Crafters were penalized in skill loss on death when you attempted to roll a pure crafter with no fighting skills... Roma Victor was a gank fest against crafters...
    Being PKed and fully looted for a player is enough penalty, no need for other coded penalties.

If the stat loss is the main death penalty then it should be harsher for evil players, like if a good player lose 1 stat point when he dies the evil one should lose 5. An amount of stat points that really matters...something that takes 2-3 days to gather back. This would add a motivation for the tribes to hunt evil players (like to take revenge if a PKer killed a tribe member), and motivation for the evil one to be careful and smart.

yeah lets take some pvp tips from someone who's scared of it. I play open pvp games since 2001 (ww2online and neocron for 6 years) , You are in some carebear tribe and you have no idea what pvp is all about.

Yeah permament stat loss and respawning where you died = biggest joke i've ever seen. Totally biased.

You talkshit without even knowing what you are talking about. 10 Minutes of sitting back at your tribe totem is enough to make you scared of death. Permanent stat loss will make people quit , it's as simple as that. The most hardcore games out there do not have perm stat loss. You have no idea what you are talking about

Travel times are small, you can reach the mist in 10 minutes right now, There should be no other option but to respawn at tribe totem (home).

You are 100% biased about tradeskillers, while they are already pampered in a 100% safe zone (tribe area) , you are so scared of pvp it's not even funny, i think you never played a pvp game in your entire life.

All you want is to have a biased advantage over people who got the balls to join an evil tribe and wage war.

I think Jooky is also biased and wants you guys (paying customers) more than us. I guess this game is , after all, biased towards tradeskillers and builders , and that pvp is not really something that Notorious games want to have in the game they are building. Because you people will cry like little girls when you get killed once.

This game needs more than tribe raids, there needs to be outposts and such. If you dont want to die then stay in your tribe area.

wow.. so good players can just keep spawning on the evil players?

sounds pretty stupid to me.. yes playing evil should be hard but whats the point if good players in big fights will just spawn zerg them?

Rev, I played open PvP games (PW and Linage2) for 2 years.
    And how can someone be scared of PvP ? Are you scared of a pixel spider if you see it on your screen ? 5 years old kids can't see the difference between reality and games, I can, lol. Seems you are the one who is scared of permanent stat loss. 10 mins of temporary stat loss is nothing, while you run back to the battlefield you gain your stats back. So its not a death penalty, its nothing. I suggested perma stat loss for PvE death too, I'm not scared of it, seems you want some carebear, themepark death penalty, and scared of a more harsh one B)
    And Jordi stated from day 1 that the game will give advantages for good-neutral players in return for limits in PvP and looting. Evil players won't have limit in PvP and looting but they will have disadvantages and penalties for something else. You were here then, you should remember. Its not new, the game hasn't been hijacked lol, it was planned like this from the very beginning and you knew that.

Zheo wrote:
    wow.. so good players can just keep spawning on the evil players?

sounds pretty stupid to me.. yes playing evil should be hard but whats the point if good players in big fights will just spawn zerg them?
    Yes they will spawn on the same spot, but fully looted without armor and weapon, with half HP...I doubt they can zerg that way.

What about if you respawn at the cemetery???
    Every one who dies will respawn there. ???