Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP rules

Re:PVP rules

joexxxz wrote:
    What about if you respawn at the cemetery???
    Every one who dies will respawn there. ???
    This would likely make spawn camping too easy.

REVKhA wrote:
    yeah lets take some pvp tips from someone who's scared of it. I play open pvp games since 2001 (ww2online and neocron for 6 years) , You are in some carebear tribe and you have no idea what pvp is all about.

Yeah permament stat loss and respawning where you died = biggest joke i've ever seen. Totally biased.

You talkshit without even knowing what you are talking about. 10 Minutes of sitting back at your tribe totem is enough to make you scared of death. Permanent stat loss will make people quit , it's as simple as that. The most hardcore games out there do not have perm stat loss. You have no idea what you are talking about

Travel times are small, you can reach the mist in 10 minutes right now, There should be no other option but to respawn at tribe totem (home).

You are 100% biased about tradeskillers, while they are already pampered in a 100% safe zone (tribe area) , you are so scared of pvp it's not even funny, i think you never played a pvp game in your entire life.

All you want is to have a biased advantage over people who got the balls to join an evil tribe and wage war.

I think Jooky is also biased and wants you guys (paying customers) more than us. I guess this game is , after all, biased towards tradeskillers and builders , and that pvp is not really something that Notorious games want to have in the game they are building. Because you people will cry like little girls when you get killed once.

This game needs more than tribe raids, there needs to be outposts and such. If you dont want to die then stay in your tribe area.
    Looks who whines again =)!
    - It is getting a bit fun now.

Anywho, on another subject. Permanent skill loss, what does it matter? You can get it back anyway, you just need to work again. It sort of like in the real world and I don't get that you haven't learned that by now as you seem to fail a lot REV, is that in this purdy real world that you get punished when you fuck up.
    - Coming from a pvp player I really LIKE permanent stat/skill loss. Honestly I think it is a great initiate to stay alive and not die.
    Stats will be earned again as you use abilities and skills will be regained when you use abilities. Where is the problem? Nowhere that's where.

Dunno about spawning another place, I prefer naked corpse runs regardless of the situation.

mrcalhou wrote:
    joexxxz wrote:
    What about if you respawn at the cemetery???
    Every one who dies will respawn there. ???
    This would likely make spawn camping too easy.
    And it makes it too much WoW.

Or u can have a counter set to 3. If you die 3 times within x-amount of minutes, u can then be respawn at your tribe area.

VeryWiiTee wrote:
    - Coming from a pvp player I really LIKE permanent stat/skill loss. Honestly I think it is a great initiate to stay alive and not die.
    Stats will be earned again as you use abilities and skills will be regained when you use abilities. Where is the problem? Nowhere that's where.

Dunno about spawning another place, I prefer naked corpse runs regardless of the situation.
    I think spawning at your base would be the best way to do it. I'm not sure how I feel about stat/skill lose. I wouldn't mind it if it was like Eve where we could buy a clone to insure against skill loss at the cost of resources, but I'm not a fan of not giving players an option to protect against that. I'm a HUGE fan of resource loss though.

For conquest situations though, it could be possible to bring along a mobile resurrection shrine or something that'd fit the lore. As well as having medic skills and/or magic that lets you ressurect fallen players (of course, I would suggest that this be relatively resource expensive).

Having reds that have to spawn at starting points just because they are red is a stupid feature, it will make less people want to play that type of role. If we don't have any reds, the game would become sort of pointless.

Just make them spawn at their totems like everyone else does.

The idea is that the tables are stacked against evil tribes as a deterrent for everyone being evil.

Gamefreak wrote:
    Having reds that have to spawn at starting points just because they are red is a stupid feature, it will make less people want to play that type of role. If we don't have any reds, the game would become sort of pointless.

Just make them spawn at their totems like everyone else does.
    You misunderstood it, evil players will spawn at their tribe area.

Xsyon wrote:
    Evil player will respawn back at their 'home' location, which will usually be their tribe location. Good and neutral players can respawn near their dead body. This is one of the consequences of being evil, intended to make things more of a challenge.

After thinking about it for a while I think that it would be best if

-Evil players always spawn at their totem

- Evil players take larger stat loss when killed by a good/neutral player

-Evil players take NO stat loss when killed in their own tribe area

- PvP deaths always result in spawning at totem for good/neutral players

-PvE deaths have an option for another tribe mate to "Help you up"(Ressurect)at 1/4 health and no stamina for good/neutral players

-Good players have 1-2 locked item slots

-Neutral has 1 locked item slot

- Any player has the possibility to turn Evil regardless of his tribes alignment if he takes actions to do so

I think that these would be a good deterrent for the Evil alignment without turning all of them away.

You have to remember though Evil players are not going to be the only source of PvP. Tribe wars will be a much much larger source of PvP thatn Evil players are intended to be.

Think of Evil players as the rock in your shoe that bugs you, while tribe wars is the Puma that's about to rip your face off.

I think any death for any person, be it PvP or PvE, ALL deaths should respawn at tribe totem. If the char is not in a tribe, the nearest starting spawn. ALL deaths should drop everything they are carrying, no partial loot, make it full loot, lets not cotton wool the idea. Open PvP and full loot is what we all want, right? Besides, if you dont drop everything youre carrying before respawning at your totem, it becomes a quick and free ride home, and we want to avoid an exploit like that. Remember Roma Victor when everyone used to suicide, or drown themselves in a river to get back home from the mine quicker.

For evil players, stat gain should be slower after death. This would be the penalty for being evil. Good/neutral players can regain their stats fairly quickly after death, evil players would have to work much harder to regain their stats (sucks to be evil). This way its not permanent, but its not just a 10min job either.