Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PVP rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Illmaculate View Post
    So you want good and neutral players to be unlootable? Why on earth would anyone want to play an evil character if this is the system that's in place?

Basically, to summarize your post, you want good and neutral tribes on permanent easy mode and evil tribes to be on perpetual permagrind for lost stats. Am I right?
    I'm with you on this. What Kiwibird wrote is terrible. What's the point of even being evil if there are no benefits to it. Good, evil, neutral should all have tradeoffs. Everyone should also have the same level of item loss and decay. If items just keep sticking around then this game is going to become so saturated with items that there would be no point to being a crafter.

I would much prefer if the alignment system gave benefits AND penalties no matter how you were aligned. Just giving benefits for being good and penalties for being evil, seems like a huge balance oversight. I would agree that being evil should be a harder way to play, so not everyone and their grandmother decides that ganking the newbies all day is the best way to play, but the potential benefits for doing so should be equal to the difficulty.

Re:PVP rules

wow.. so good players can just keep spawning on the evil players?

sounds pretty stupid to me.. yes playing evil should be hard but whats the point if good players in big fights will just spawn zerg them?

Rev, I played open PvP games (PW and Linage2) for 2 years.
    And how can someone be scared of PvP ? Are you scared of a pixel spider if you see it on your screen ? 5 years old kids can't see the difference between reality and games, I can, lol. Seems you are the one who is scared of permanent stat loss. 10 mins of temporary stat loss is nothing, while you run back to the battlefield you gain your stats back. So its not a death penalty, its nothing. I suggested perma stat loss for PvE death too, I'm not scared of it, seems you want some carebear, themepark death penalty, and scared of a more harsh one B)
    And Jordi stated from day 1 that the game will give advantages for good-neutral players in return for limits in PvP and looting. Evil players won't have limit in PvP and looting but they will have disadvantages and penalties for something else. You were here then, you should remember. Its not new, the game hasn't been hijacked lol, it was planned like this from the very beginning and you knew that.

Zheo wrote:
    wow.. so good players can just keep spawning on the evil players?

sounds pretty stupid to me.. yes playing evil should be hard but whats the point if good players in big fights will just spawn zerg them?
    Yes they will spawn on the same spot, but fully looted without armor and weapon, with half HP...I doubt they can zerg that way.

What about if you respawn at the cemetery???
    Every one who dies will respawn there. ???

joexxxz wrote:
    This would likely make spawn camping too easy.

mrcalhou wrote:
    joexxxz wrote:
    This would likely make spawn camping too easy.
    And it makes it too much WoW.

I would prefer to use the faith/religious system to punish players that grief. In this way the more you grief the lower your faith and therefor the less luck they have in finding things, crafting items, and less benefits from food and water, etc. More importantly the longer it would take to respawn after death. Also players shouldn't be able to see each other when they die.

If players want to restore their faith they will have to return to their tribe to do so.

Shrimp -

We are talking about permanent stat loss. It can't be so detrimental that coding evil status into the game is a waste, though.

And... People are going to be PK'd a lot, anyway. Want to PK a lot without losing alignment? Declare war.

If Xsyon makes it to where we can only war-dec a certain amount of clans or something like that... Big fail (and exploitable depending on how some mechanics work). There should certainly be an upkeep cost to war, though.

It should not matter who is evil, neutral or good, it should only matter when you are at war...

Pking people you are not at war with, no matter what alignment, SHOULD BE PERM STAT LOSS.

@ War ..... should be temporary stat loss, regain over time ( 5-10-15 min )

In Neocron you would lose soulight when you'd pk someone green to you (allied) , and at -37 soulight you would lose your Lock on slot 1 and people had rare weapons so they didn't gank allies.

I have played Twitch pvp mmo's since 2001 , i know what i am talking about. I'm not talking about wow here, i'm talking about TWITCH PVP , Neocron and WW2online.

Ganking should be penalized (huge stat loss). You should only be able to Pk people you are at war with (REDS) no matter what aligment you are, Being Evil should only be harder because they have no locked slots so you can loot anything from them. Neutrals 1 locked slot and Good have 2 locked slots. This kind of rule reflects a lot of the things people are scared about pvp , they dont want to lose their favorite stuff, so if you are scared of pvp just join a good aligment and you will never drop things you equip in those 2 locked slots.

Do not penalize Evil players because they have balls... that respawn idea is just awfull it's enough for me to lose interest and i want to play neutral. There is no way people should respawn on death site.

JCatano is right, we need a proper system for war dec and we need to prevent exploits.

Mixing religion with pvp is also a huge fail. Keep it simple please. Less rules is better and make them clear. Balance is the key. I think it should be all the same, you respawn at your totem on death.

Ummm, OK I'm just going to say this fast,Like taking a band-aid off. Deep breath* REV has it right.

REVKhA wrote:
    It should not matter who is evil, neutral or good, it should only matter when you are at war...

Pking people you are not at war with, no matter what alignment, SHOULD BE PERM STAT LOSS.

@ War ..... should be temporary stat loss, regain over time ( 5-10-15 min )

In Neocron you would lose soulight when you'd pk someone green to you (allied) , and at -37 soulight you would lose your Lock on slot 1 and people had rare weapons so they didn't gank allies.

I have played Twitch pvp mmo's since 2001 , i know what i am talking about. I'm not talking about wow here, i'm talking about TWITCH PVP , Neocron and WW2online.

Ganking should be penalized (huge stat loss). You should only be able to Pk people you are at war with (REDS) no matter what aligment you are, Being Evil should only be harder because they have no locked slots so you can loot anything from them. Neutrals 1 locked slot and Good have 2 locked slots. This kind of rule reflects a lot of the things people are scared about pvp , they dont want to lose their favorite stuff, so if you are scared of pvp just join a good aligment and you will never drop things you equip in those 2 locked slots.

Do not penalize Evil players because they have balls... that respawn idea is just awfull it's enough for me to lose interest and i want to play neutral. There is no way people should respawn on death site.

JCatano is right, we need a proper system for war dec and we need to prevent exploits.

Mixing religion with pvp is also a huge fail. Keep it simple please. Less rules is better and make them clear. Balance is the key. I think it should be all the same, you respawn at your totem on death.