Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP rules

Re:PVP rules

REVKhA wrote:
    [quote]Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah.....quote]

Didn't you say

REVKhA wrote:
    Well that's it for me seriously , not playing a .....

....Adios culeros , i am never coming back here.
    http://www.xsyon.com/forums/30-prelu...it=10&start=10

like less than 2 weeks ago? And to think I got all excited.

back on topic, by permanent stat loss I believe we were all reffering to stat loss that is not regained automatically over time but has to be worked for.

Also I believe skill loss is a neccesity especially in a game where gear is reletively easy to get and losing it is not a big hit at all. If you've played any modern MMO's with full loot and open pvp where gear loss is supposed to be a deterrent for reckless pking and fear of death then you know that it means nothing to most people and the game is just a big KOS fest. People in general are incapable of policing themselves, they have a hard enough time in reality where there is actually death. In a game it's impossible. Hard coded penalties are needed.

Shrimps wrote:
    Also I believe skill loss is a neccesity especially in a game where gear is reletively easy to get and losing it is not a big hit at all. If you've played any modern MMO's with full loot and open pvp where gear loss is supposed to be a deterrent for reckless pking and fear of death then you know that it means nothing to most people and the game is just a big KOS fest. People in general are incapable of policing themselves, they have a hard enough time in reality where there is actually death. In a game it's impossible. Hard coded penalties are needed.
    Exactly.

Permanent skill loss should only be for those who are flagged as red players. By that I mean, only known killers should receive stat loss on death. Those who are at war or died from someone attacking them should not receive this.

Also, if reds are at war with another tribe and they are killed by members of that tribe, they should not receive the mentioned stat loss. I agree that reds should have negative characteristics that are associated with their choice of play style, but to completely nerf them would make gameplay boring. This would be due to no one going red in the first place, as the style of the play is a lose/lose situation.

Gear shouldn't be that easy to get. Some low-quality stuff should be fairly easy to come by, but decent stuff and good stuff should be harder to create, requiring rare materials and high skills.

Crafters get shafted in a game where there isn't a decently high turn-over for equipment and then any economy stalls. Since this game doesn't have storyline questing or anything of that nature then there won't be much to the game.

Gamefreak wrote:
    Permanent skill loss should only be for those who are flagged as red players. By that I mean, only known killers should receive stat loss on death. Those who are at war or died from someone attacking them should not receive this.
    I can honestly say, that I, as a good aligned player in most games, would be very disappointed to receive no penalty on stats and/or skills when Im killed. Anything other is carebear. If you want to have the best skills, best gear, and be the best, you should have to work at it, and keep working at it to stay the best. Otherwise, what would you do, get all your stats/skills maxed and what? There's nothing else to do but go around killing people. Boring! Fun in the overall picture, but boring as hell if thats all we got.

Plain and simple... fuck the carebears, make people work to keep their stats finely tuned, and give EVERYONE penalty for sucking at PvP and dying. If you dont like the stat loss, DONT DIE!! Its that easy. See, the point of the stat loss is already working, people are worried about it, so it'll make you think twice before getting into that fight wont it.

And it should most definitely apply to PvE too.

mrcalhou wrote:
    Gear shouldn't be that easy to get. Some low-quality stuff should be fairly easy to come by, but decent stuff and good stuff should be harder to create, requiring rare materials and high skills.

Crafters get shafted in a game where there isn't a decently high turn-over for equipment and then any economy stalls. Since this game doesn't have storyline questing or anything of that nature then there won't be much to the game.
    I agree. Skills should be hard to train, and take quite some time and effort to master, and then the best stuff should be only craftable at the highest levels. Requirements of rare components would be a nice addition to for the uber stuff.

I know that this thread is about "PVP rules," but each of points relate to PVP in their own way.

What I would do is have it so that skills take a long time to increase (say, exponentially), but there would be many different skills and subsets of skills so things don't become too linear and people can mix and match.

Then, I would allow someone to pay offerings to their diety/totem/whatever (however it'd work for the lore) to protect them from loseing skills upon death, and this would have to be repaid each time they die. Which gives the players choices.

Then, I'd have it so that equipment degrades at a "reasonable" rate through normal use and also random (or based on hit boxes) armor pieces take massive hits to durability upon death. I would allow for a limited number of repairs, but each time it's repaired there are minor hits to the equipment's stats. This will make players think about whether or not it's worth wearing a piece of equipment and it will help to get items out of the game so that they can be replaced by crafters. I don't think anyone LIKES losing gear that they work hard to acquire, but it's a necessary evil in a game that has a player-driven economy.

I would also have it so that some common materials are found everywhere, but rarer materials are found only in certain areas. This encourages exploration, trade, and conquest.

And, I wouldn't place any arbitrary restrictions on how much land a tribe can hold. I would let their abilities guide that. Even with restrictions, tribes could forge official and unofficial alliances and claim land by making additional tribes and such. So instead of hard-coding something that says a tribe must be <n players large and can only have xkm^2 area, I'd set aside some basic land around starter zones that have common materials and common creatures and make it so that this land couldn't be possessed by players. This way the hardcore PVPers get what they want and the carebears can wade in the kiddy pool. If they don't want to venture out of this little bit of "safe zone" then they must rely on traveling merchants (PCs) to trade with.

mrcalhou wrote:
    I know that this thread is about "PVP rules," but each of points relate to PVP in their own way.

What I would do is have it so that skills take a long time to increase (say, exponentially), but there would be many different skills and subsets of skills so things don't become too linear and people can mix and match.

Then, I would allow someone to pay offerings to their diety/totem/whatever (however it'd work for the lore) to protect them from loseing skills upon death, and this would have to be repaid each time they die. Which gives the players choices.

Then, I'd have it so that equipment degrades at a "reasonable" rate through normal use and also random (or based on hit boxes) armor pieces take massive hits to durability upon death. I would allow for a limited number of repairs, but each time it's repaired there are minor hits to the equipment's stats. This will make players think about whether or not it's worth wearing a piece of equipment and it will help to get items out of the game so that they can be replaced by crafters. I don't think anyone LIKES losing gear that they work hard to acquire, but it's a necessary evil in a game that has a player-driven economy.

I would have it so that some common materials are found everywhere, but rarer materials are found only in certain areas. This encourages exploration, trade, and conquest.
    Yeh, I like the way youre thinking.

Rarer resources should be able to be controlled by tribes. As an example, if a tribe finds an iron vein on their land, they would have to build a mine to mine it, but they control it. This opens up the need for trade, as the tribe with iron, as an example may need clay, or tar, or coal, etc. This also opens up some meaning to conquest and tribe wars.

JCatano wrote:
    Xsyon definitely pulled a Tasos. (That means you really messed up.)

Silly rule.
    This is a joke right?

Darkfall alignment system was a total joke alignment good or bad did almost nothing for you other then having towers hit you or not in NPC towns...

Xsyon is trying to not do what Darkfall did and actually make alignment matter in this game... so what your saying doesn't make sense, I dont know what game you played but it wasn't Darkfall.

If you don't want alignment to matter go... play Darkfall most of us are here for a change... alignment should matter and reflect on gameplay.

Shrimps wrote:
    [quote]REVKhA wrote:
    Wah Wah Wah Wah Wah.....quote]

I agree with this allowing players just to get to full stats well just create problems we have all seen in the past (Darkfall) is a good example of the problem.

Grind Grind Grind = OP = Gets Boring.

1. Skills in this game shouldn't matter to much as to reflect how easy/hard it is to kill another player, what we need is actual player skill on using the keyboard and mouse not in game skill grind.

2. Players shouldn't be rewarded for afk grinding... which will happen but death etc... gives less of a reason to afk grind and more of a reason to get out and just play the game.

I know I keep mentioning Darkfall as a referance but it is the only mmo that has full loot and free aim pvp that is worth mentioning, but as you can see the game is failing so maybe might be a good idea not to do what they did...

Just saying it's not the end of the world try something new if it doesn't work it can always be changed, why is it that so many people are against the idea of something new that has the potential to be better then something else.

If you don't want new there is always every other MMO that is based off 1 game... not going to say the name because it would be a disgrace to the gaming community.

Andro Bourne wrote:
    JCatano wrote:
    Xsyon definitely pulled a Tasos. (That means you really messed up.)

Silly rule.
    This is a joke right?

Darkfall alignment system was a total joke alignment good or bad did almost nothing for you other then having towers hit you or not in NPC towns...

Xsyon is trying to not do what Darkfall did and actually make alignment matter in this game... so what your saying doesn't make sense, I dont know what game you played but it wasn't Darkfall.

If you don't want alignment to matter go... play Darkfall most of us are here for a change... alignment should matter and reflect on gameplay.
    I think you need to go back and read the entire thread again. (If you read it entirely in the first place.)