Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP rules

Re:PVP rules

I'm not totally against everyone having stat loss on death, the problem with it isn't how we are going to enjoy the game, it will probably be the impact on the game's marketability. The casual gamer won't want to play the game if every time they get killed hunting they loose some of their stats.

Now if we had a resurrection system like DF's after you were knocked down, I would agree with the stat loss. Then people really have no right to bitch, as stat loss would be related to stupidity and or unorganized tactics.

The goal in the game to have like 20% evil, 80% good-neutral. Ganking-griefing won't be allowed. Thats why Jordi implements a harsher environment for evil alligment, otherwise everyone would just pick evil and the game would turn into a gankfest.

The goal is to create a fun environment for PvP and non-PvP players both, so that 'fuck the carebear' attitude won't work here.
    If a good player gets stat loss penalty when he got attacked and killed in PvP then it turns the game into a griefer paradise, and noone will play good. If the good player was the attacker thats another question.

The goal is to have a 'badass' PvP, where only the ones pick evil who are really good at it, their name will be known and feared. Evil payers need to be very good, they need to know how to hide, must be hard to hunt them down and even much more harder to kill them. They will be the real monsters of the world. PvP means nothing if everyone, their mother and the cat do it.

Stat loss should be there in PvE death for sure.
    Penalty during war can only discussed when we know the conditions of declaring wars IMO.

The goals of the game I said are not my ideas, they were posted earlier by Jordi, the threads are there but burried in the forum. If someone is interested I can try to find them, the players who joined in Febr-March probably remember them.

Does anyone read my posts?

I mean, it's not like there hasn't been a game that has successfully done PvP, player-driven economy, good, and evil correctly.

I agree with Jadzia.
    Good point. Its all about balance, balance, balance.

Meh.

Either way there is going to be crying. If stat loss is put in you will have people whining constantly about loosing there stats. If it isn't put in you will have people whining that it's not there.

You really can't win. Bottom line is, Jordi is going to put in what he wants.

Gamefreak wrote:
    Meh.

Either way there is going to be crying. If stat loss is put in you will have people whining constantly about loosing there stats. If it isn't put in you will have people whining that it's not there.

I wrote:
    Then, I would allow someone to pay offerings to their diety/totem/whatever (however it'd work for the lore) to protect them from loseing [some] skills upon death, and this would have to be repaid each time they die. Which gives the players choices.
    I'm not a big fan of having arbitrary restrictions on evil players, but since this game isn't going to have any npc cities (wtf?), they could use my idea and then make the amount of skills that could be put off-limits be a function of a players alignment.

Gamefreak wrote:
    Meh.

This is so true. Thats why I prefer the Eve type system, with high sec areas and Pvp zones with rare materials.
    But oh well, Xsyon has open world PvP, and I guess that won't change.

I like the way it is right now. Just need a little work on combat system

EVE is not land based game, its a space game.

joexxxz wrote:
    EVE is not land based game, its a space game.
    Would you mind elaborating on why this would affect certain mechanics that have been suggested? I've pondered this idea myself and I cannot think of any thing that can't be modified in such a way that would make it work for a terristrial based game. The only limitation that I can really think of is game world size, but even Eve has a finite playable area.

Jadzia wrote:
    ... This is so true. Thats why I prefer the Eve type system, with high sec areas and Pvp zones with rare materials.
    But oh well, Xsyon has open world PvP, and I guess that won't change.
    Thats what i mean, EVE is a space game, which is ok for it to have zone system, but how can u implement this in Xsyon land game?
    How can the zoning system can work here?

This answer is for mrcalhou