Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PVP rules

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PVP rules

i think good, neutral and evil should all respawn at the totem when they die (in pve or pvp) no respawn at the same place.

Please balance the rules... i have never heard of such a ridicule rule

Evil only spawns at totem, good and neutral respawn where they died is absolutely unacceptable.

Find better rules or don't make stupid rules, else people will find better games real fast. This is not a threat, just an opinion.

Re: PVP rules

Are you back again? /sigh

Try using search mate, theres already a thread on this.

Re: PVP rules

Hey, REV, it's great to see you around again. I missed ya, mate. Also, I agree.

Re:PVP rules

Xsyon definitely pulled a Tasos. (That means you really messed up.)

Silly rule.

JCatano wrote:

Silly rule.
    This is a joke right?

Darkfall alignment system was a total joke alignment good or bad did almost nothing for you other then having towers hit you or not in NPC towns...

Xsyon is trying to not do what Darkfall did and actually make alignment matter in this game... so what your saying doesn't make sense, I dont know what game you played but it wasn't Darkfall.

If you don't want alignment to matter go... play Darkfall most of us are here for a change... alignment should matter and reflect on gameplay.

Andro Bourne wrote:
    JCatano wrote:

Silly rule.
    This is a joke right?

Darkfall alignment system was a total joke alignment good or bad did almost nothing for you other then having towers hit you or not in NPC towns...

Xsyon is trying to not do what Darkfall did and actually make alignment matter in this game... so what your saying doesn't make sense, I dont know what game you played but it wasn't Darkfall.

If you don't want alignment to matter go... play Darkfall most of us are here for a change... alignment should matter and reflect on gameplay.
    I think you need to go back and read the entire thread again. (If you read it entirely in the first place.)

I'm not totally against everyone having stat loss on death, the problem with it isn't how we are going to enjoy the game, it will probably be the impact on the game's marketability. The casual gamer won't want to play the game if every time they get killed hunting they loose some of their stats.

Now if we had a resurrection system like DF's after you were knocked down, I would agree with the stat loss. Then people really have no right to bitch, as stat loss would be related to stupidity and or unorganized tactics.

The goal in the game to have like 20% evil, 80% good-neutral. Ganking-griefing won't be allowed. Thats why Jordi implements a harsher environment for evil alligment, otherwise everyone would just pick evil and the game would turn into a gankfest.

The goal is to create a fun environment for PvP and non-PvP players both, so that 'fuck the carebear' attitude won't work here.
    If a good player gets stat loss penalty when he got attacked and killed in PvP then it turns the game into a griefer paradise, and noone will play good. If the good player was the attacker thats another question.

The goal is to have a 'badass' PvP, where only the ones pick evil who are really good at it, their name will be known and feared. Evil payers need to be very good, they need to know how to hide, must be hard to hunt them down and even much more harder to kill them. They will be the real monsters of the world. PvP means nothing if everyone, their mother and the cat do it.

Stat loss should be there in PvE death for sure.
    Penalty during war can only discussed when we know the conditions of declaring wars IMO.

The goals of the game I said are not my ideas, they were posted earlier by Jordi, the threads are there but burried in the forum. If someone is interested I can try to find them, the players who joined in Febr-March probably remember them.

REV.... isn't that the guy that cried about the no guns or misleading concept art or something like that? No worries about this being mistaken for a threat... seems they are fairly empty coming from you...

I know that was a little dirty but I could not resist. :P On a different note, I fully agree with him on this one. There should not be different death penalties for players based on alignment.
    If any they should be set to gankers or campers. Maybe set all players to respawn at their current location if the death is PvE in nature and to the Totem if they are killed in PvP or while flagged as such. If a player is not in a Tribe they should be respawned at the nearest regional starting point(such as Round Hill).

This also has me thinking about lootable bodies.... any word on gear loss for PvP death or even PvE? I think it is a little odd to retain all your gear when you die if you respawn back at the totem. I could understand the current location respawn keeping gear. :huh: Maybe it could be set to where if you die in PvP you loose your equipment on a lootable body but if you die in PvE you do not leave behind a body or gear.

Tybalt wrote:
    REV.... isn't that the guy that cried about the no guns or misleading concept art or something like that? No worries about this being mistaken for a threat... seems they are fairly empty coming from you...

I know that was a little dirty but I could not resist. :P On a different note, I fully agree with him on this one. There should not be different death penalties for players based on alignment.
    If any they should be set to gankers or campers. Maybe set all players to respawn at their current location if the death is PvE in nature and to the Totem if they are killed in PvP or while flagged as such. If a player is not in a Tribe they should be respawned at the nearest regional starting point(such as Round Hill).

This also has me thinking about lootable bodies.... any word on gear loss for PvP death or even PvE? I think it is a little odd to retain all your gear when you die if you respawn back at the totem. I could understand the current location respawn keeping gear. :huh: Maybe it could be set to where if you die in PvP you loose your equipment on a lootable body but if you die in PvE you do not leave behind a body or gear.
    PvE death should be sent back to totem/bind, too.

Good games have risk v. reward. Why have death at all if it doesn't even really do anything?