Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

problems with permissions

I rolled a basekt weaver and made aobut 30 bins.

I put these bins inside 1 large bin and set the permission to public. I rerolled with a new character and took the bins that I made out of hte large bin. I took them out of my pouch after taking them out of the large bin and now when i try to open it, it says I don't have permission to do that, and it won't let me pick it back up.

Re:problems with permissions

Did you set the permissions for the 30 bins put in the one bin? If not, you will have to wait until deleted character's stuff goes to public. When created, all stuff is private until changed if I'm not mistaken. Deleted characters stuff goes public after a set amount of time...I just dont know the length of that time.

Deacon wrote:
    Did you set the permissions for the 30 bins put in the one bin? If not, you will have to wait until deleted character's stuff goes to public. When created, all stuff is private until changed if I'm not mistaken. Deleted characters stuff goes public after a set amount of time...I just dont know the length of that time.
    damn, lol

Yes, permissions change only for the container not the contents. I will look into this over the weekend. I believe deleting your character frees only the top container also.

In the meantime, a Guide should be able to free permissions on these objects for you.

Lets talk abouth permissions. I find it rather annoying that every item permission is standard set to privat. I would suggest that you have to make a possibility that you can set your permissions standard to a setting you want, tribe for example and if you wish to set something to a different setting you have to do it at the item itself but without changeing the setting you made standard.